1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New update for DROID?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JasonPurp, Dec 12, 2010.

1. JasonPurp

JasonPurp New Member

I have received a notice for a software update on my DROID running BuglessBeast 0.5. If I update, will it screw up my root? It says it's for Gmail enhancements and some other small things.
  2. Ice_Cold

Ice_Cold New Member

Clockwork or sprcovery should block it when it goes to install. I think there is a fix the the BB subforums
    here is the link for the fix BB stop ota patch

Edit for link
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. JasonPurp

JasonPurp New Member

Ok, I decided to install the Official Update and then re-root. How do I make Clockwork allow it to update?
  4. Ice_Cold

Ice_Cold New Member

Your going to have to use link 2 then allow the update and then use like 1 to reroot. In link one in the last few pages there is an workaround for the update so it don't break root.
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

By accepting the OTA update, you WILL lose root. However root at this point is easily re-obtained as Ice_Cold posted. Also Ice_Cold mentioned a work around that entails editing the official OTA file and keep root (nice work Ice_Cold!). That method has been repeated in a post I started here in hacking help.

It is known that if you have SPRecovery it will block the _install_. I have read the CMRecovery _might_ not. I have a ton of choice words/thoughts to share about your rom, but that's a bozo nono. Suffice it to say that there's some rom's out there that will NEVER bug you with an OTA update.

good luck
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
Search tags for this page

new droid update