New Update For Droid Incredible Today

NCState78

Reaction score
Well iv downloaded it but when it says rebootng, nothen happens. Iv forced the update 3 times and nothen happens.

edit: after google reading i found a trick that worked for me. its now rebooting with the new update. hopefully i wont get the out of space message.

Could you reveal the "trick" you learned??? Thanks!

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
NCState78 said:
Could you reveal the "trick" you learned??? Thanks!

there was a fix for one of the other updates that finally worked for me. 1) enter the boot loader menu.
2) clear the dalvik cache.
3) boot up your phone.
4) change the clock forward about one month manually in the settings (don't worry you can fix it after the update). You have to turn off the "auto" detect time feature.
5) check for the update in the "check for update" in the "about phone" area of your settings and it should start updating properly.

Note that you'll need to clear as much space as you can. The thing that worked best for me then was uninstalling the updates for all the pre-installed apps that came with the phone, and especially ones like Google maps that take up a lot of room. This makes the loss of your personal data and apps minimal while getting the space needed for the update. Then you can redownload the updates later. Plus apps like facebook don't matter with deleting stuff since its all online and you just have to sign in to get back to business. Hope this helps!

SHAK3R

Reaction score
My Dinc isn't my primary phone, In fact there isn't even service to it. I let the kids use it like a iPod or ill hook up Pandora while working around the house.

So I'm not gonna install this update so is there a way to permanently stop the status bar and pop-up notifications?

Thanks,

Mike

OP
ambrown

ambrown

Reaction score
SHAK3R said:
My Dinc isn't my primary phone, In fact there isn't even service to it. I let the kids use it like a iPod or ill hook up Pandora while working around the house.

So I'm not gonna install this update so is there a way to permanently stop the status bar and pop-up notifications?

Thanks,

Mike

Actually I would like to know the same thing. I don't use the services that the update is for and all the constant update box does is seem to run down my battery faster since it appeared. If I could make it disappear forever....

Sent from my Droid Incredible (2.3.4) on the Droid Forums app.