New Update Crashed My Video Camera on Droid X2

JackBennyfan

Reaction score
After having 4 replacements in 7 months, my latest X2 was perfect for four weeks. That is, until yesterday when I upgraded to Android 2.3.4., which was supposed to fix keyboard problems and improve video quality. Oh, irony, thy name is Android.

The camcorder froze, the picture turned sideways and shut off. When Verizon had me wipe the phone and reload, the keyboard froze. Double irony.
Best of all – Mr. Verizon Tech Guy said – and this is almost a direct quote “We’ve had a lot of problems with these phones. It’s so bad that it’s giving us a bad reputation. We’re getting a policy change soon so that all repairs will go straight to Motorola instead of us.” Then he offered me a 4G phone, but admitted, “They’re buggy, too.” But Verizon doesn’t want anyone to know.

Would rooting help this? Has anyone heard about a fix? Motorola told me I'd have to mail the phone back to them and wait 7 to 10 business days while they reloaded from their servers. Seriously? 7 to 10 business days with no phone? They're on drugs.

Any suggestions, other than throw it in a swamp?