New Update: 9.1.6!!

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I dunno, saw it too this morning. I will just Google it, would be nice if they actually told you what it was for...

"A new update has been approved by Verizon for the Motorola . Once updated, the phone will be running build 9.16.6. The update introduces a security fix (be careful rooted users), but improves WiFi connectivity, camera, in-call audio, video streaming, and media sync..."

Found it on another forum..... we will now have 4.1.2 instead of 4.1.1

LOL, "fix" the camera??

DJTURNz

Reaction score
When my update popped up, there was a link to the "Release Notes" in the box. Didn't you all get that?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
What was this update supposed to do??

I installed it. Its doesn't do Jack. Dont hold your breath. I would not have downloaded it if I had known how absolutely useless it is and makes no difference in anything. In fact I would not be surprised if it installed spyware.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's the same android version that the Razr and Razr Maxx received about two weeks ago. It doesn't surprise me that they pushed it out to the HD version to keep them all the same. It changes the camera a little bit and some security updates. Nothing that mose folks would notice at all in everyday use. They probably found some glitches in the accidental release of JB to to the Razr folks at Christmas and since they included a fix for those in the 4.1.2 version, decided to push it out to the HD users.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I installed it. Its doesn't do Jack. Dont hold your breath. I would not have downloaded it if I had known how absolutely useless it is and makes no difference in anything. In fact I would not be surprised if it installed spyware.

... Of course it didn't install spyware. As mentioned its mainly a security update.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
It's the same android version that the Razr and Razr Maxx received about two weeks ago. It doesn't surprise me that they pushed it out to the HD version to keep them all the same. It changes the camera a little bit and some security updates. Nothing that mose folks would notice at all in everyday use. They probably found some glitches in the accidental release of JB to to the Razr folks at Christmas and since they included a fix for those in the 4.1.2 version, decided to push it out to the HD users.

Yes, when the RAZR series updated to jelly bean they received .2 from the get go.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My browser and internet was being super slow. And Verizon told me that this update would fix that and it did. No problems now

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums

Well, if it helped you with all those issues you were having then good! :)

For me, I notice nothing.