1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

new update 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by matt26, Aug 7, 2011.

1. matt26

matt26 New Member

I recently installed the 2.3.3 update. I was rooted using z4 root and superuser. Now z4 root does not work how should I now root my phone and if I'll need to remove superuser how will I now do that?
  2. GlennT

GlennT New Member

I rooted my MilestoneX (2.2) using Gingerbreak 1.20. You can find it with a google search.
  3. matt26

matt26 New Member

Doesn't work on my dc I can't even un root my phone with z4 which is what I originally rooted it with. I would like to un root my phone and remove superuser and redo the whole process how would I do that?
  4. matt26

matt26 New Member

Excuse me my dx not dc*
  5. GlennT

GlennT New Member

Did you try Gingerbreak? It was developed for gingerbread phones and has an unroot option.
  6. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Did you install the OTA (official one from verizon) gingerbread update for your DX or the monster GB leak? I am asking because if it is the OTA that you updated to I believe they still havent rooted it. You would need to SBF back to froyo, root your phone (z4 will work again), and then install either the monster gb leak or whatever ROM you wanted to run.
  7. Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12 New Member

Correct ^^, if you want root with gingerbread your have to install the pre-rooted version from tbh. Taking the ota automatically unrooted you.

....Still On Froyo For Now....
Search tags for this page
z root android 2.3.3
z4 android 2.3

z4root 2.3.3

z4root not working 2.3.3