New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motormadness

Reaction score
Sounds like the guy I dealt with back around mid november. Called the promo number and no questions asked the guy was happy to add this plan for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
I would just ask for a supervisor, sounds like that always works for people.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ooh this was only available if you RENEWED your contract..
I didn't have to renew my contract....nor did it extend my contract. My contract end date stayed the same. dancedroid
If your line(s) already were more than 12 months out, it wouldn't affect their contract end dates. If you have a phone(s) with less than 12 months on it, then it would extend them out to 12 months, in other words if you had a contract ending on a line in September 2011, and you were adding this plan, the contract end date would be January 2012.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fyi..I just called vzw using 611,got the run around. Anyhow, I was told that the 69.99 is expired and was only for select people (I knew that). After 3 depts and 38 mins, they offer me another plan. I had 450,1500 txt,unlimited data, 8 bucks insurance and corp discount plus taxes n fees. I paid monthly 90 buckish. The new plan they gave me is 900, unlimited txt, unlimited data. After taxes n fee he said my new bill is 71.83 + my 8 bucks insurance. I had to extend my contract one yr which does matter because my old contract is up in dec'11 now its up in Jan'12 (a month longer) but my upgrade status stay the same which is Aug'11. So in the end I save ~10 bucks.

Should have been more clear, the *611 worked for you in a round-a-bout way. What I meant was, in the email, it said you had to call the special 800 number (or 877 or whatever), to get the promotion.
You're right, you must call that special number for the CMO department. 800 Reps would not be able to add it and most won't know what you're referring to.

redelephants

Reaction score
Everyone should check their latest bill. I just received my latest bill and was shocked to see that my plan had changed. I called csr and was told my plan was changed to an unlimited mobile to mobile plan by marketing dept. Obviously I lost the 20 dollar data credit when this happened. I have a huge problem with anyone changing my rate plan w/o giving approval. I am hoping that marketing will switch me back to the talk and text plus promo. Anyone else had this happen?

WTF? How did that happen? Thanks for the heads up. Can't imagine that the marketing dept has anything to do with the billing. Did you get an indication what the justification was for switching your plan?

I haven't received anything yet. I was told it would take up to 48 hours.

redelephants

Reaction score
I was able to get the promo put back onto my acct via loyalty dept. They are looking into how my rate plan was changed without my authorization. I will keep you posted.

lghtngblt02

Reaction score
OK guys I tried back on 12/21 (see my old posts) and was told how the plan ended, blah blah blah. Well my wife was eligible for a new phone today (via 30 days early by calling *611) and she wanted to upgrade to a smartphone similiar to mine. So when we were on the phone talking to the CSR about which phone to upgrade to, I figured for the hell of it, I would ask about this Talk, Text, Plus Data $20 Discount plan again, told him about being forwarded the email and all about it. He knew exactly what I was talking about. He placed me on hold because he had to check with his supervisor because he wasnt sure if it was extended or not and he wanted to make sure before going a head with it. Well after a few moments went by he comes back and says that it was extended and we weren't eligible until my wife received her smartphone. She currently has a multimedia phone and it can't be applied to the phone and they wont allow one phone at a time. He did, however place a note in our files about it, upgraded us up to the 1400 FS plan with the 10 friends and family, I still have my work discounts and is shipping her phone here tomorrow. He told us once we get the phone to call back to set it up and they will apply the discount to our account. So mark us down as another $40 discounted account :D

MrsTokyo

Reaction score
Ooh this was only available if you RENEWED your contract..
I didn't have to renew my contract....nor did it extend my contract. My contract end date stayed the same. dancedroid
If your line(s) already were more than 12 months out, it wouldn't affect their contract end dates. If you have a phone(s) with less than 12 months on it, then it would extend them out to 12 months, in other words if you had a contract ending on a line in September 2011, and you were adding this plan, the contract end date would be January 2012.
Gotcha.. I was just making sure because I just joined Verizon yesterday and would've been preeeeeeetty pissed if missed this "plan".

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten this since New Years? I might be interested, even though my bill will stay the same. The plus will be free data on 3 lines that don't currently have it, and double the minutes, which we don't use anyway.

FastKatt

Reaction score
Sweet Savings!

Saved $49.97 on 4 lines!
3 Smart Phones & 1 Dumb Phone.
They had to "add" data to the dumb phone for me to get the savings.
dancedroidGo figure.dancedroid

FastKatt

Reaction score
I posted that message right after I got off the phone with Big Red.
The "qualifier" seamed to be that I had a line with less than 12months left on contract.
Great find guys!
That savings posted was "pre taxes & fees" so over $50/mo off!

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
Another successful change here! dancedroid The young lady I spoke with asked me not to forward the email to anyone else though. I assured her I would never do such a thing.

theidoctor

Reaction score
Wow. I got it last week when I called them 2 times. They said that I couldn't get it but he would put in a note to see if they could hook me up and they did.

They even told me I could upgrade my phone 3 months earlier but im waiting for a dual core 4g. Anyways we aren't paying any more than before but we have so much extra.

Im gonna try and get some friends on my plan so it will be cheaper.

They also said that as ling as I don't change anything on my plan, I will have this promotion plan forever!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.