New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I already did confirm this on page 8. I posted a copy/paste of my verizon page.

So all I was really saying is that it'd be worth it to get yourself locked in to the plan so when you are ready to upgrade the line in a couple weeks, you'll be all set.

Here it is again... under promotion it lists both my 15% employer discount and the $20 discount. And many other people have also been confirming that they keep their employer discount.

2. hexon

hexon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also just received the Talk & Text Plus Data $20 Discount. I just called 611, pressed 4, said "promotions" and told the rep that I was told about the "Talk & Text Plus Data" promotion and told her a bit about it. She put me on hold and came back to explain that I would have to add data to every phone line (2 already had it). It saved me $10 a month, but now all 5 lines have data. I'm in Tennessee by the way.

3. ldybugs81

ldybugs81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. I am going to call tomorrow on my lunch and hopefully get this promotion. dancedroid

4. RoNYC

RoNYC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Third time trying it today. The rep did acknowledge the upgrade but indicated that I am not qualified because the rest of my lines are not due for an upgrade.

5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    Misinformed rep. And, yes all lines will have data waiting for when they add a device on the non-data lines. I am on this new plan and 3 lines already are unlimited data and my wife and son's lines are still not smartphones, but once they do upgrade to a smartphone, no additional cost to me for data packages. This is what's nice.

Now, when you call, you might want to mention the plan that the "CMO Department is offering". Maybe that will set the wheels in motion of the VZW Rep you're speaking to.

6. Mortiel

Mortiel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Officially, the Verizon smartphone promotion should be available everywhere. If you see it advertised, then you should be able to get it.

Now while I can't speak on internal policies specifically, if you call Verizon customer care, they can play with your upgrade date a little bit here our there. Ask the care agent specifically if your upgrade can be moved up. Don't expect more than a few days though. Remember that customer retention is extremely important to any business, Verizon included. They will work with you as much as they are able to to keep your business.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

7. Vulcan1600

Ratings:
    +317
    When I worked in the VZW Call Center there was pretty much a 30 day rule, so if you were within 30 days of eligibility upgrade, you were fine to offer the upgrade then.

8. Mortiel

Mortiel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not anymore... Its much less now. If you worked in Care you know how often everything changes. :)

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

9. Vulcan1600

Ratings:
    +317
    I was there for 2-1/2 years and a senior rep. I have a lot of VZW friends in Care and BSC and they are telling me the stories. Doesn't sound like scoring calls got any easier either to get leading.

10. Mortiel

Mortiel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Being a CCM got harder too... Especially with what I cannot say on this place... I never understood the secrecy on certain things.

Sent from my SCH-I400 Continuum

11. DJTaT2

DJTaT2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just called and it worked. the service rep transfered me to the customer loyalty dept. and i now have the discount on both lines! thanks for the thread.

12. Troops2990

Troops2990 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well first attempt was a bust and the guy said he had no idea what i was talking about, second time around went much differently. I had to upgrade my plan to a nation wide talk and text plan since i didn't have unlimited text before. but all said and done it saved me about $25 a month and i get more minutes and unlimited text, all for 22 minutes on the phone. Thanks for this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo