Status
Not open for further replies.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm going to keep an eye on this and probably stop in to VZW to discuss my options. I have 4 months left on my contract. I'm not going to lock into the 1 year extension if it means I can't upgrade at contract price for another year. With 2 smartphones and a dumb phone on my account, I can save a decent chunk of change, especially if I give my son my phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Contract dates and upgrade dates don't have to coincide. My contracts up way after my NE2 is.

ovrclock

Reaction score
I think there could be 2 reasons for Big Red doing this:

1. They are trying to get people to come over to their network before LTE starts rolling out and they charge a premium for LTE service (circa Sprint).

2. This iPhone rumor is almost a sure-thing for release early 2011 on Verizon. They would obviously charge a premium, like ATT, to use iPhone. If they use the plans as they stand now, it would start at, what, $89 for the 450min plan? Plus an iPhone premium would put them well over $100, which I believe is more expensive than ATT. It makes sense for Big Red to drop their intro minutes/data plan to $69 because then they can charge a larger premium for iPhone data and make more money off those users.

While #1 seems to be a good possibility, I think #2 would be the smart thing to go for in order for Verizon to capitalize on their service charges once the iPhone comes to their network.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

1. They are trying to get people to come over to their network before LTE starts rolling out and they charge a premium for LTE service (circa Sprint).

2. This iPhone rumor is almost a sure-thing for release early 2011 on Verizon. They would obviously charge a premium, like ATT, to use iPhone. If they use the plans as they stand now, it would start at, what, $89 for the 450min plan? Plus an iPhone premium would put them well over $100, which I believe is more expensive than ATT. It makes sense for Big Red to drop their intro minutes/data plan to $69 because then they can charge a larger premium for iPhone data and make more money off those users.

While #1 seems to be a good possibility, I think #2 would be the smart thing to go for in order for Verizon to capitalize on their service charges once the iPhone comes to their network.
Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.

ovrclock

Reaction score

Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.

No, no source or proof whatsoever. I think the giveaway would be when I said "I think" repeatedly. Just my "conspiracy theory" I guess.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Source? Proof?

Still just a rumor.

No, no source or proof whatsoever. I think the giveaway would be when I said "I think" repeatedly. Just my "conspiracy theory" I guess.
Nothing personal :)

Just that poor horse looks mangled... laying their on the ground... all dead and what not.

ovrclock

Reaction score

Jamus0

Reaction score
I was told it is a email promotion and you need to forward them the email in order for you to get it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it. Just got off the phone with them and while I was on the phone received confirmation email.

beargold23

Reaction score
I was told it is a email promotion and you need to forward them the email in order for you to get it.

I live in the chicagoland area, and just got off the phone with them. The rep asked how did i receive the information? I just told her the internet, and she just went over the information with me and told me i will see the changes on my upcoming bill.dancedroid

Diordna

Reaction score
It's past 8:30 now so hopefully you guys get results soon! :)

Can someone answer me how much I would save?

I'm on an individual plan.
I have the cheapest plan pretty much, 450 minutes and the cheapest texting plan with mobile to mobile. So 90 bucks a month.

Would this save $10??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I live in the chicagoland area, and just got off the phone with them. The rep asked how did i receive the information? I just told her the internet, and she just went over the information with me and told me i will see the changes on my upcoming bill.dancedroid

Yes, they say you will still see the same data charge but will receive a discount on the next bill. Cool.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's past 8:30 now so hopefully you guys get results soon! :)

Can someone answer me how much I would save?

I'm on an individual plan.
I have the cheapest plan pretty much, 450 minutes and the cheapest texting plan with mobile to mobile. So 90 bucks a month.

Would this save $10??

More like 20.00 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.