New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I'm glad you got the deal, however from sitting 2-1/2 years in the VZW CS side before I left, we took those switching to Sprint, AT&T, T-M, etc. very lightly, especially when we saw how many phones were still under contract. The math was easy to do and knew it wouldn't be cost effective for the customer to switch. In fact, we would note the file saying the threat was there to switch (churn). If it was a monthly threat, it was noted too on the first screen we saw in the notes area.

2. fishingfooltim

Ratings:
    +0
    Gee. Called yesterday and I was told that I was eligibale. Called today and got it switched to the plan. Yppie. Now I am saving $40 a month.dancedroid

3. nothing0

nothing0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone under contract for more that 6 months get this plan?

4. monkeydog

monkeydog Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Our contract was about a year in, and we have been with verizon since 2000 or 2001 and got on this plan. With a packed full family share plan we're saving $100 a month and actually 8 cents cheaper than what we were paying when we only had one data plan! Now we all have data plans and got everyone a droid just because of this new deal!

5. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To be a bit more specific, I told the CS rep, in a pleasant way, that I know my contract is up in February, and my son has been urging us to switch to ATT. Perhaps that sounded a bit more definite to her, than just an idle threat to leave.
    I don't blame customer for telling little white lies to the CS rep in an attempt to get the deal; to me, it's just haggling. But when I read back through this very long thread and see the many different ways the CS reps handled the requests; from outright refusal to no questions asked, it is no idle threat that I would be switching in Feb. or sooner to ATT if I couldn't get the same $40 discount that many others are getting on a two line unlimited text and data plan, only because they got the right CS rep at the right time.

6. DroidX316

DroidX316 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just reupped for another 2 years like 3 weeks ago.Thing is i see evryone getting savings while i ll be payimg more lol?

7. harshd2000

harshd2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for asking this, but since there are 74 pages here, was wondering where is the link to the deal?

Looking to get in on VZW as a new customer.

8. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. jhom

jhom Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I just got my first bill since changing over to the new plan. Although I expected an increase in the bill because of the advance pay procedure of Verizon, I was shocked to find that I was charged $29.99 for last month on a non-unlimited data line I have. This line is used by my wife who only has a feature phone at this time. I called billing and hopefully they will follow through with a refund for the mistake. So, if you switched to the promo plan and had a non-unlimited data line, you might want to check that you don't get over charged.

Jim

10. nothing0

nothing0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. I've tried calling 3 times with no luck so far. I figured it was because I have a 1.5 years left on my contract. I guess I'll try one more time.

11. Dizzle51

Dizzle51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This link isnt showing up for me now, is it gone or what happened???

12. DroidX316

DroidX316 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well 2nd time was a charm.Rep said i wasnt eligible at 1st but told him that id probably get rid of my landline and that my son wanted to get internet on his phone ect,so he was like ok ill put you on this plan no problem.Paying $20 more a month but im doubling my minuted from 700 to 1400 and getting unlimited data on my other 2 phones plus 10 friends and family so not a bad deal imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

877-873-3278

877-628-8922

877 628 8922
nationwide talk and text 700
nationwide talk fs 700
new unlimited plan from big red
smartphone secondary credit
talk & text plus data $20 disc
talk&text&data $9.99 disc-12mo