New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slreno

Reaction score
Everyone that can't get on this plan you might call verizon again because I heard a new plan on the radio that sounded much like this one... I can't remember the specifics but I know it was very close to this one.. I remeber it has some sort of free internet if you bought a android phone.. not sure if existing customers can get into this or not but its worth a try

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

yoda

Reaction score
Ok, so my mom is looking to upgrade her phone( motorola q) to either a droid pro or the samsung fascinate.She was grandfathered from alltell and is not under a contract. We actually just got back from looking at the two phone and she wants the samsung. Btw the verizon rep did tell her that she was eligible for the unlimited everything plan.They actually have a banner hung up in there window promoting the plan.My question is, can she get the samsung from bestbuy or wirefly where its only $99 plus 2 year contract and still get the $69 unlimited plan?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just Got First Bill

Grrrrrrr. The first bill comes out to be 20.00 higher then what I usually pay!

I just got off the phone with Verizon. Since I changed in the middle of the billing period they refunded my 39.99, then turned around and charged me two months for the new rate. I kept telling them that they are over charging me because they didn't refund the data from the previous month but somehow or another they aren't. I mean when I went over the bill with the rep it makes sense but either way I got hit with a higher bill then what I anticipated.

And the same thing will happen to you other people who went on this plan. So don't be surprised if you see that first months bill is high. They are charging you for the previous month and the next month in advance. After that the bill will go where it's suppose to be.

Wow, I mean how many ways can you get ripped off. I'm still not sure I fully understand it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
H/B - the same thing happened to me, kinda caught me off guard but next month should be more like it - I am just grateful I was eligible for the changes in the first place :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
H/B - the same thing happened to me, kinda caught me off guard but next month should be more like it - I am just grateful I was eligible for the changes in the first place :)

It doesn't make sense. If they refunded your entire bill then it would but what they do is charge you for the new rate which is actually 20.00 higher for the previous month and don't give you the data discount. That's how it comes out 20.00 higher.

lowboy

Reaction score
Same thing here. I will be checking close next month. If and THAT'S a big IF I cancel this I will get a free month of data or a refund. I'm keeping this bill just to prove I paid a month ahead.

nmanley

Reaction score
Grrrrrrr. The first bill comes out to be 20.00 higher then what I usually pay!

I just got off the phone with Verizon. Since I changed in the middle of the billing period they refunded my 39.99, then turned around and charged me two months for the new rate. I kept telling them that they are over charging me because they didn't refund the data from the previous month but somehow or another they aren't. I mean when I went over the bill with the rep it makes sense but either way I got hit with a higher bill then what I anticipated.

And the same thing will happen to you other people who went on this plan. So don't be surprised if you see that first months bill is high. They are charging you for the previous month and the next month in advance. After that the bill will go where it's suppose to be.

Wow, I mean how many ways can you get ripped off. I'm still not sure I fully understand it.

Just call another rep thru the REGULAR Verizon service rep number and they can sort that out.

faross

Reaction score
well hook they did it to me to . i checked my bill online today and saw a 200 charge for a cancellation from a phone that i disconnected and yes contract is up . they droped that charge but the woman i talked to was clueless so ill call back tomorrow

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what they are doing wrong. They are refunding your last months bill and then charging you for last month at the new price. On top of that they charge you for the next month.

If you look at the bill you will see that the advanced payment due has a 20.00 credit for texting and data. This same credit is suppose to be on the last month adjusted payment bill. But it isn't.

I caught it and called Verizon. Explained the error and the plan I have, they credited me 20.00. I started a thread about it in the Droid General Discussion pages as well. People need to know this.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Guess I was fortunate. They did it right the first time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess I was fortunate. They did it right the first time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It depends on your billing cycle. If you switched plans on or near the end of your billing cycle then you probably wouldn't see any issues.

a_husband21

Reaction score
I just called and Pam(or Jan?) was eager to set me up with the plan from the flyer, no questions asked. I told her I just activated 2 Droids about 3 weeks ago and came across the flyer on a forum and she backdated our bill for us. I'm not sure exactly how much she saved us, but it was at least $20/month for 3 phones on the plan. Thanks Jan(Pam?).

Reaction score
I called and she said I didn't get an email so I can't get on the plan. :-/

Many pandas were made sad today.

a_husband21

Reaction score
^^ Call again, don't give up. I first tried online chat and was quickly shut down, then I tried the regular Verizon number and was told the same thing. A few hours ago I tried the number that was posted on the flyer and was told the CSR's on the mainline and the ones in the store don't know about that promo, that I had to call the number on the flyer. Whether it's true or not, I dunno, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.