New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droidist

Reaction score
My original plan: about $80/month (including 15% govt discount)

450 minutes w/ free nights and weekend, free M2M
1500 text
Unlimited data plan

Promotional plan: about $60/month (including 15% govt discount):icon_ banana:

450 minutes w/ free nights and weekend, free M2M
Unlimited texting
Unlimited data plan

Increase in features and decrease on your phone bill. I don't know about you guys but, I think this is a pretty good deal. Even if you don't have the 15% discount; you're still saving money in the end. The only downfall to this promotion is having to extend your contract by a year but, I was out of contract and wasn't planning on leaving Verizon any time soon. Also, it has no effect on your phone upgrade.

Jason-

Reaction score
I'm excited! My cost of adding a line to my girlfriends and her moms plan just got a lot cheaper!! Already called her mom and told her about this deal! She is excited as well!

bd1212

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much this would be for 7 people on a family share plan?

The plan we currently have is for 6 DUMBPHONES, and 1 SMARTPHONE.

Also, would I be able to get maybe 2100 minutes instead of the 1400 minutes for this plan?

You can't have 7 people on a family plan, only 5.

Ahh, I just checked, it's 6 people. 5 in the family plan, one individual plan. Nevermind.

77Pat

Reaction score
Just about to start a family plan when the Dinc HD hopefully comes out. There will be 3 of us on the plan, so hopefully this would work out (able to get it without receiving the targeted email). If the 15% discount stacks, then it would be a really good deal.

painball64

Reaction score
hey well just got off the phone with them and the supervisor said that it is currently not a promo. idk im still callin that number all week. has someone actually confirmed that its a true promo. also the website (actual link from email.vswshop) they tried to bring it up and they also said it comes up as a 404 error which means that its currently not in their system on verizon. maybe that email was for the higher ups in vzw.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't like the 1-yr renewal. I have over a year left on my current contract. Not sure about some family members. I assume the 1-yr renewal would just be for whomever's name is on the account.

Would be a sneaky way for me to ensure an early upgrade on an LTE phone, but I'm sure something will be tweaked on this plan for LTE service (like $10 more per line).

Anyway, when my employer tries to cram a BB down my throat I'm going to ask for a phone allowance instead.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
This, along with unlimited M2M on any carrier is awesome. Sprint's unlimited plans + Verizon's reliable service = pure awesome.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think in the coming months you'll see a variety of promotional efforts by VZW to fill up 3G to capacity while a lot of people shift to LTE. They are going to milk every last dollar out of 3G. Probably also why IPhone is likely coming some time next year.

Jason-

Reaction score
I think in the coming months you'll see a variety of promotional efforts by VZW to fill up 3G to capacity while a lot of people shift to LTE. They are going to milk every last dollar out of 3G. Probably also why IPhone is likely coming some time next year.

Never thought of it like that.. Makes sense though.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
When I called they said they didn't know what I was talking about.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stabl4life82

Reaction score
welll regardless it is useless to me cause i have unlimited everything and they need to be "real" competitive and get it like the sprint

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
welll regardless it is useless to me cause i have unlimited everything and they need to be "real" competitive and get it like the sprint

I don't really know of anyone on Verizon for the price. Most expensive carrier yet the most customers

Aimers69

Reaction score
This is great for me, since all my friends and family are on verizon i barely touch my 450. so ill save 20 bux plus 20% discount...can't beat that when im trying to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.