New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hmmm.. So I'm thinking about giving this a try..

Currently:
1400 minutes, unlimited text, M2M - $110.00 + $9.99 (extra line)
DX w/unlimited data - $29.99
DX w/unlimited data - $29.99

Which equals...

$119.99 + $29.99 + $29.99 = $179.97

According to the OP...

I can get what I have now for $139.99. That's 40 bucks a month!

I am only 3 months into my 2 year contract.. Got both DX's in August.

Boom goes the dynamite...

I called and they said it would be no problem to change my plan. Didn't even have to mention the email or where I read about the offer, he just offered it to me.

He said I see you are paying $119.99 for talk and text (1400 anytime & unlimited text), and $29.99 for each of your data plans on your two Droid X's, for a total of $179.99. I said yes, you are correct. He said we can now offer you the data plans at $9.99 for each of your smartphones, for a total monthly cost of $139.99. He said it will now show up on my bill as Talk and Text + Data with a $20 data discount on each line. I said "You are the Man!", he laughed and said thanks for being a Verizon Wireless customer. The whole thing took 6 minutes 42 seconds.

I still get to keep my 19% corporate discount and I live in TN. Oh, and since I had more than 12 months left on my current contract, he said the extra year was not applicable to me.

Hope this helps some, sorry for the ones that can't get it.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
We tried and was told to forward the email so they could make sure we really got it emailed to us .... :(

sent by draining my battery.....

benb1974

Reaction score
first try
canton, oh.
1400 min family 3 lines unlimited texting 10 friends and family
data on mine
$10 data 1 line
no data 1 line

now charges, min, text, contract date, are exactly the same, but i have unlimited data on all lines
so kind of saved me $60

i used the ask questions about, make her sell it to me strategy. no problem
:)

Mannequinsdenial

Reaction score
i plan on getting the droid x on friday with a 2 year contract. Will this unlimited plan still be available by the time i get my phone?

Freezetron

Reaction score
so i just called and found out that this promotion was only sent to about 20,000 people out of 80+ million subscribers.

I was not one who received this offer through email so i wasn't qualified for it, but that isn't a problem since the family plan would actually add more.

Just wanted to let everyone here know that if you didn't receive the email from Verizon you don't qualify for the plan at least according to the rep i talked with

Screw that noise. My rep Loyd mentioned no such limitation after I told I found the add in the droidforums.net and even he recognized the forum! After a brief time on hold after asking him if I could get my phone and plane earlier then the 24th of this Month when the old contract expires, he got approval for me from his supervisor and that was that. New plan, new phone, great deal on accessories, no BS dancedroid

Freezetron

Reaction score
Just got of the phone again with the awesome verizon guy I talked about in my earlier post. I've got a freaking Droid X coming overnight to me fee of charge for $169 after rebate! He threw in a screen protector and hard case for the DX for 50% off and he's letting me put it on my cell phone bill so I can pay it off in chunks instead of one lump sump over the phone! I also got the $6 a month protection plan for that "Just in case" possibility. This is the most expensive freaking phone i've ever purchase, so I wanna protect it.

I left a message for his supervisor stating how awesome this guy was! He even gave me emails on tutorials about how to use the droid while I wait for the phone which should be here on Wed! All in all, because I called that number on the OP ad, the following happened:

1. VZW rep got permission from his superior to upgrade my phone/service 2 weeks ahead of local VZW store and 1 week earlier then even Costco! Total freaking awesome!!! I hate waiting for my tech goodies!

2. He credited my current data and text usage on my next bill since im doing an upgrade all around!

3. Gave me free overnight shipping on the Droid X!

4. Allowed me to pay for my phone and accessories via bill since I am a long time customer and my bill payment history has been excellent.

5. Immediately gave me my $30 upgrade credit to my next bill . I remember when it used to be $100 for "basic" phones, guess times have changed.

6. Basically gave me 50% off on a antiglare screen protector and hardcase w/ stand for Droid X and will extend offer for car charger if I find I need it later.

I am just wowed, excited and stunned beyond belief, especially being a Monday! I can't wait to get my first smart phone and start playing with it! Hurry up FedEx! dancedroid

I also forgot to mention that I only told him I saw an official "add" for this new plan on a forum called droidforums.net and was asking if there was any way I could get my basic 450 plan near end of contract switched over even though I didn't get the email "officially" After he asked his supervisor about it, they gave it to me, along with ending my current contract two weeks early so I could get a discount on my Droid X and free overnight shipping!

blue.topaz

Reaction score
I am in Arizona - Called the number on the first page - the rep said he never heard of it....said sometimes promotions are only regional or to certain customers....

I will try to call again later and see what happens...

jhom

Reaction score
Called about the promo. The CSR said I didn't qualify because I didn't get the promo email. I said ok and goodbye. Within 2 minutes after hanging up, I get a call that didn't have a caller ID. I let it go to voicemail. When I retrieved it, it was the CSR saying she found a way to add the promo to my plan. I called back and got a different and very polite CSR. She immediately understood what I wanted. She changed everything over to the new promo plan without any problems. I save only $10/month, but it is money in the pocket. Now, my wife can upgrade to a smartphone whenever she wants and I save even more.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I just got off the phone and received this promo. I stayed with the 450 minutes, but the unlimited text and friends and family is going to save me tons o cash.

hyisbm

Reaction score
located in Wisconsin. Called with no issues. Told him I was calling about a promotion and he was more than happy to tell me which promotion it was and that it will definitely be saving me money LOL. Will be visiting the Verizon store in a little bit for a new smart phone for my girlfriend.

just to update, we went to the store and picked out a new Droid 2 for her. I told the rep to make sure that they don't mess with the new promotion I just got. "Yeah, I didn't change anything." So we get home and check online and the discount was gone. So, I had to call again and the guy was really nice about it and quickly changed it back.

So if you're running out to get a new phone, make sure you double check that you don't lose your discount after they mess with your account. The representative was also shaking her head saying she had no idea of such a promotion.

Freezetron

Reaction score
I just got off the phone and received this promo. I stayed with the 450 minutes, but the unlimited text and friends and family is going to save me tons o cash.

Aye, and the unlimited data usage for a first time smartphone buyer like me is just freaking awesome as my plan was nearing the end. THe timing for all of this couldn't be better as I need something to lift my spirits and keep me busy after my girlfriend of 5 years left me on Saturday......

eggsped

Reaction score
I know this is a bit soon but.. Has anyone tried to switch from a feature phone on unlimited data to a smart phone with unlimited data? I have 2 Droids and 2 feature phones all ready for an upgrade. I upgraded to the promotional plan and have unlimited data on all 4 lines. When I try to purchase new droids as replacements for the feature phones I get a message saying that I need to choose a new data plan. How do I keep the promotional plan? When I call VZ no one seems to be able to help.

Mannequinsdenial

Reaction score
i plan on getting the droid x on friday with a 2 year contract. Will this unlimited plan still be available by the time i get my phone?

No way to really know, I'd call and just get the phone and all in one shot.........I mean if you can.
i cant call them i'm not on verizon. how can i call them and get the phone in one shot on friday when i go to the verizon store? because i doubt the people at verizon know about this promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.