New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
If my math is correct, this plan will actually cost me more, even though it will add data to all the lines. My current bill is $160.82+$25.63 in taxes and fees for a total of $186.45 for 700 minutes with unlimited text. The primary phone is a feature phone with 9.99 data and 5.99 insurance. the next is a Droid with $29.99 data and $5.99 insurance. The third is voice only with $5.99 insurance and the 4th is a voice only without insurance. I have a 19% discount from work on

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
If my math is correct, this plan will actually cost me more, even though it will add data to all the lines. My current bill is $160.82+$25.63 in taxes and fees for a total of $186.45 for 700 minutes with unlimited text. The primary phone is a feature phone with 9.99 data and 5.99 insurance. the next is a Droid with $29.99 data and $5.99 insurance. The third is voice only with $5.99 insurance and the 4th is a voice only without insurance. I have a 19% discount from work on
the main $90 fee which is $17.10. If my math is right, this plan will cost me about $15 more than I'm paying now.

Bdragon007

Reaction score
Changing the plan doesn't change the upgrade or NE2 credit. Get the plan while you can.
^^^^^^^^^^^
You're just changing the plan, not the phone. Getting a phone discount resets your upgrade.

I was hoping that you're right but after reading the promotion again I notice they stated "One year contract renewal required". So I think even if they give us the plan, they will try to not give us the renewal discount or the $100 credit once the Iphone comes out.

tonton

Reaction score
I got this plan on the 15th of this month and the rep said my that my NE2 upgrade was still eligible. I do have to keep the "plan" for 1 year or it will be 175 etf per line. So to my understanding changing the plan does not affect your upgrade eligibility. The rep even asked what phone I was looking to upgrade to and that my NE2 upgrade date was in July. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

RCFlyn

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get it. I told them I was E-Mailed the offer, she put me on hold, and came back and said "I'm not showing where you were sent this offer via E-Mail"
She convinced me to drop my minutes to 700 and my date to the $15 plan since we're only using 250-300 minutes, and I'm the only smart phone, and I'm averaging 35mb.... Still dropped $35 off my bill...
I guess I'll try back later...

Reaction score
Sweet, first try and I nailed it. :) My wife and I started a brand new plan TWO days ago. Our bill was set to $160/month for 700 minutes, data and text. Now I'm showing the new plan online with 1400 minutes, data and text for $140/month. (Both lines show the "TALK & TEXT PLUS DATA $20 DISC")

So here's how it went down. I called in and mentioned the plan. She said she wasn't sure that new customers were allowed the promotion. She put me on hold and came back saying that it's only for customers who received the email. She asked, how did I get the email and I said I was forwarded it by a friend. She said she couldn't give it to me because I was new... etc... I then said, "Bummer, I went with Verizon instead of At&t because I thought I could get this plan." She said just a moment and put me on hold again. She came back and gave it to me!

Maybe I got lucky, I'm not sure, but I'm glad I got in. I was ready to call over and over until I got it. My father who has 4 lines (Was 5 until I dropped) and has been with Verizon for 10 years or so was denied. He's going to try again, but I suppose it really depends who you get and if you have some type of reason for them to seek approval.

Reaction score
I can't seem to edit my post so I suppose I'll create another! Both my wife and I are eligible for upgrades on 9/15/2012. I thought we had to wait two years to get a new phone...? From what it says, we only have to wait 20 months. Just curious I suppose.

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Got it today

Wow I am glad I had it easy. I called and the representative was exceptionally helpful. We had 3 lines, two smart phones, one dumb phone, and 700 minutes. Now all 3 have data (I am changing dumbphone to my old tp2 so it can use the unlimited data.) I am still eligible for my hardware upgrade, and have 1400 minutes. PLUS saving money. Thank you VZW!

I was honest and said I had seen this online and was just wondering if I could qualify. I guess honesty and luck was the combination for me.

Keep trying. I think this promo ends soon.dancedroid

Bdragon007

Reaction score
Changing the plan doesn't change the upgrade or NE2 credit. Get the plan while you can.
^^^^^^^^^^^
You're just changing the plan, not the phone. Getting a phone discount resets your upgrade.

I was hoping that you're right but after reading the promotion again I notice they stated "One year contract renewal required". So I think even if they give us the plan, they will try to not give us the renewal discount or the $100 credit once the Iphone comes out.

nothing0,

Just to update you, I did called in and get the plan changed thinking the money I'm going to save will out weight the $100 credit anyway. Well, the rep was very nice on the phone and gave me the plan, but she also confirm several times that my wife still have the credit when she buy her phone next month. Thanks again everybody for a great deal!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

nothing0

Reaction score
nothing0,

Just to update you, I did called in and get the plan changed thinking the money I'm going to save will out weight the $100 credit anyway. Well, the rep was very nice on the phone and gave me the plan, but she also confirm several times that my wife still have the credit when she buy her phone next month. Thanks again everybody for a great deal!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Glad we could help. :icon_ banana:

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hooray beer. Just got my first invoice under the new pricing plus my $20 back-dated credit. My plan went from $98/mo to $84/mo. Thaks DF!

TinGodz

Reaction score
I can't seem to edit my post so I suppose I'll create another! Both my wife and I are eligible for upgrades on 9/15/2012. I thought we had to wait two years to get a new phone...? From what it says, we only have to wait 20 months. Just curious I suppose.

On 16 Jan, VZW altered their upgrade policy. NE2 has been phased out for new/upgrading customers after 16 Jan. This is to accommodate the special promotions they intend to promote from now on. At 20 months on a 2-year contract, you are eligible to upgrade.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/112808-verizon-set-alter-their-upgrade-policy.html

Status
Not open for further replies.