New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beka27

Reaction score
My wife and I are about to go buy a Droid!! Is it still buy one get one free?

That's not the topic of this thread. Please try to stay on topic.
Err, well I've been following this thread and I've mentioned on a few pages back that I'll be calling in right away to try to get this deal.

I think some people were able to call for the promo and get their new phones at the same time. Not sure on what is still bogo.

(from Beka's DX)

tonton

Reaction score
Called today 1/15 and after a small battle, got the "supervisor" to approve the plan. Rep originally said promotion was for certain target areas. Apparently I had gotten bumped to the smartphones talk free 24v month promotion w/o my knowledge on Dec 30th, prob my buddy at the store changed my plan for his numbers, which is cool. They ended up changing my plan and instead of a 9.99 credit I will have a 20 credit for the next year on 3 data lines plus my GM disc. so still saving money. I did have to use the "as long as I've been a customer" line. But whatever it takes. :)

chrisb817

Reaction score
Did I see a web site on that flyer? If so can you post it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nothing0

Reaction score
Can't combine the two promos. "smartphones talk for free" is the christmas promo held over.

Bdragon007

Reaction score
My wife currently havea "dumb" phone and she wants to get the Iphone 4, but I want to try to get this plan. What are the chance of I still gets this plan in Feb? (and yes, I tried very hard to convince her to get a Droid Inc but she like the video chat on the Iphone). Thanks for any input...

nothing0

Reaction score
she like the video chat on the Iphone). Thanks for any input...
Tell her to get a real 4G phone when they come out.

Seriously.. This may be gone by then. (I don't know that for a fact.. just a guess) There is nothing stopping you from changing to the plan now with her dumb phone on the account.

Bdragon007

Reaction score
she like the video chat on the Iphone). Thanks for any input...
Tell her to get a real 4G phone when they come out.

Seriously.. This may be gone by then. (I don't know that for a fact.. just a guess) There is nothing stopping you from changing to the plan now with her dumb phone on the account.

Well, she's the main line and currently have the $100 credit toward the next phone. Will she still have that if we change the plan now but wait until Iphone 4 release and then resign her contract? The 4G is not important for us... Thanks again

nothing0

Reaction score
Changing the plan doesn't change the upgrade or NE2 credit. Get the plan while you can. Again do your research on the 4G phones. They all have video conferencing/chat without the need for wifi. 4G is the most important aspect of what she wants to do. The iphone is extremely outdated.

Sorry that we got off topic. I just hate for people to make bad/uninformed decisions.

Reaction score
Okay my wife and I went in yesterday and grabbed two Droid 2's for $200 + taxes. I have to grab two $100 mail in rebates, but I hear they're not so bad with Verizon. To be honest I thought I was going to pay $279 + taxes for both phones.

700 Minutes, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text for $160 a month. Tomorrow I'll try to get this promo.

I have a question though. My father has 4 lines on his plan and 2 are smart phones. The main line, his, is not a smart phone. He'd like to get this plan, but after calling they said he would lose his upgrade eligibility. I could of sworn I read otherwise, but I'm curious if anyone else has any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.