New Twist to an old (apparently) problem

loomisfun

Reaction score
Hi all--

I have recently had issue with receiving long texts from one particular number. I have not had an issue in the previous 6 months of using this phone. Messages had been going through just fine with each 160 limit breaking up. Now the message is received in one long message but is in Greek or hyroglyphics or some other unreadable language, at least to me. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

I have an HTC Incredible on Verizon if that makes any difference. The sender is also on Verizon but uses an LG phone.

Thank you,
Loomisfun

JesterMX6

Reaction score
i get this problem when someone sends me a message to my phone through AIM. Maybe the LG uses a similar method of parsing text that AOL uses with the instant messaging service.

OP
L

loomisfun

Reaction score
Thanks

That could be. I was hoping someone else had experienced the same thing. Two weeks ago it was fine. Long messages would get split and delivered in 160 character increments but now anything over than that goes wacky.

Would resetting my phone fix the problem? What would I lose if I did that?

Loomisfun

JesterMX6

Reaction score
oh i didn't read right and missed the part where it was fine before.

idk what to tell you then. i've always had this problem. rooted/unrooted rom'd/unrom'd didn't matter. i use handcent fwiw. idk if any other messaging apps react differently.