New to Xoom... Otterbox help

1074s8

Reaction score
I just ordered my Xoom 4G, should be here Tuesday! I will need a case, and I will be using it in rough conditions.

Anyone have a source for Otterbox Defender for the Xoom, less that $69.00? I have checked Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect, ebay, etc.

Also, what other accessories do you long term owners suggest?? This thing will be in my patrol car daily, and carried on and off duty.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I like those oil resistant screen protector because the screen will have loads of smudges

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: Miui 1.11.9 ICS
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Well you are already looking for the number one thing i would suggest and that is the otter box.
Now i love my desktop dock, love it for over night charging and watching stuff on it.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I just bought an Otterbox Defender for my Xoom a couple weeks ago for $55 shipped. E bay seller was axsecure51z1. They don't have any in stock right now, but move a lot of product. Might be worth asking when they'll get more.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

William_04_x

Reaction score
You'll need a car charger. If there's a Staples store nearby, they have them for $2.50 each right now!

I put a Zagg screen protector on mine also. Best Buy had em for 10 bucks. Hardly ever see a smudge on it. A naked screen will show anything from dirty hands.

Some people like the stylus instead of using your fingers all the time. I can see the benefit of the stylus if you have big, clumsy fingers like me.

Get a micro HDMI to HDMI cable if you want to mirror the display, or watch movies from the Xoom on your tv at home. Amazon has the best deals I've found. ($6.70 for a 10' cable)

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

Last edited:

chadwick108

Reaction score
I ordered mine for $90 from otter box...I know I could have probably found for less but I went ahead and bit the bullet. I mainly got it because I bought my 4g xoom when they first came out so it was twice the price as what you can get them for now. I also saw that it was the only case that would allow xoom to survive drop test. I figured $90 was well worth it other than busting the screen. Let us know how others like their otterboxes!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

pfleigh56

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place to order an otterbox case for the xoom these days? I can't find one anywhere!