New to this site and not sure how to use it

Mandie0101

Reaction score
I am having problems with my droid razr m and I was told that this site would be able to help with my questions. To bad it took me almost an hour to figure out how to post

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well now that you've got posting down pat :D, let's see if we can't get you up and running on that phone of yours. What seems to be the problem(s)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mandie0101

Reaction score
I need help ...

The people at straight talk told me at first that I could not use my phone with their plans, then they told me because my phone does take a sim card that it can be used I just have to have the phone unlocked. I bought the phone off of a friend and have no idea what to do to unlock it, and this "friend" informs me that it is now my problem so... I'm stuck!

newbroot83

Reaction score
The people at straight talk told me at first that I could not use my phone with their plans, then they told me because my phone does take a sim card that it can be used I just have to have the phone unlocked. I bought the phone off of a friend and have no idea what to do to unlock it, and this "friend" informs me that it is now my problem so... I'm stuck!

Sounds like a great friend lol. What provider is it currently under?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mandie0101

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly and it is a Verizon phone, any suggestions besides get new friends, lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't think the phones actually have to be "unlocked", meaning unlocked bootloader or even to be rooted to be flashed to Cricket. However I'm not sure if there is a method for flashing a Droid RAZR M to Cricket yet since it's a relatively new phone. It's usually a while before they become available, however since I don't follow three Cricket world, I might be behind the times with that observation.

There are flash ROMs for other phones to make them Cricket compatible. I do know that in some cases the phones not built to run on that network, when once flashed over to Cricket do have some problems. This would likely be due to poor programming by the developers who make the modifications to the code.

Your Cricket representative should be more helpful. Try to speak to another representative who is more familiar with flashing devices over to their network.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you will be able to resolve your issue so that you can enjoy your phone! ;)...good luck!

newbroot83

Reaction score

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2166542

There is the link. Apparently it has been done before. But be extremely careful when you do this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2