New to this just got my fascinate last week.

lcernaro

Reaction score
So seriously i hate how my phone is manufacture set up how do I go in and make my screens look like I want and use the apps I want with out them going by default back to the factory crap? I love Handcent if I could get the old message stuff off of my phone!

HELP is rooting what I need and i believe i have Froyo ugh this is frustrating I want my phone to have me on it not the factory presets and me....

Any ideas to help?

Thanx

Lisa

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Hmm your text is a little hard to read but. First off you don't have froyo (2.2) . What do you mean by "make my screen look the way I like" ? Are you talking about backgrounds or launchers? I personally have not used handcent but it should not revert back to the stock messaging service.

If you could clarify a little more on what you need help with we can point you in the right direction. And remember you have only 30 days to change phones if you can't get this one to your liking.

OP
L

lcernaro

Reaction score
I want to know how to make this phone mine rather then a verizon phone. Like how to get facebook chat on it. I see yahoo chat is on there. I would like to learn as much about this phone as I can. I want it to be a wiz at it. I would like to know which downloads are good on the droid market. which will help me launch stuff and does adobe, flash work on this phone if not what to use?

Please help I am desperate.

Lisa

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Hmmm, there are a bunch of apps that are fantastic and will let you make this phone your own. I will try to help you as much as I can.

First off, you will have to do a bunch of searching to find all the apps that you think will make your phone more useful. I have not used any facebook apps myself But there is an app on the market called " Go!chat facebook pro" which will allow live chatting with your facebook friends.

The greatest thing about the market is the ability to search and review apps. And if you buy and app and decide you don't like it you can simply get a refund within 24 hours.

Adobe flash is on its way should be here within the next month. If you need it now you can use Skyfire app which will allow you to view flash videos on the web.

OP
L

lcernaro

Reaction score
:huh: to Launch Pro or not to Launch Pro. I am learning so much. I am not sure what this about but thought i would get input from anyone. why do you need launch pro or what have you? I want to get rid of the 4 icons on the bottom of my screen i don't like them they are not what I want. If I get the app for Launch Pro what will it do for me? Use google as my main search engine???

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
I always use launcher pro.

Launcher pro Is far smoother than stock, It has its own customizable widgets ( including a nice facebook one if you buy the unlocked version. Launcher pro you can control scrolling speed, launcher box speed, widget size, back ground and more.

To customize your launcher pro:
when you download it , launch it , choose launcher pro, then hit the menu button on the bottom of your phone. The settings are easy to follow

Download:
google maps
Google search apk - Android Forums
Dolphin hd (default search engine is Google )

Sadly the only way to truly de-bing this phone is to root it. Rooting isn't that hard but before I can suggest it I would look into everything that it does and the risks involved.