new to this hacking and rooting please help

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by iceman84210, Mar 22, 2011.

1. iceman84210

iceman84210 New Member

hello all. I just rooted my droid 2 and a co worker said to change or hack my rom. i have tried a few and just have no clue what im doing. i feel like rooting was a total waste of time. someone please convice me otherwise
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I would need to talk to you to "convince" you....basically need to know how you WANT to use your phone to assist you.
  3. iceman84210

iceman84210 New Member

well first off i wanted all the bloat wear gone. now i want my battery to last longer a lot long. change the theme, and overclock the cpu. but i dont know how to do any of the above and i thing all the changes i have made are a huge waste of time
  4. iceman84210

iceman84210 New Member

ok just checked my phone the app i used to "root" waste of time its not all i did was unistall updates to the apps i wanted gone. all these programs are going bye bye what a waste
  5. skruid

skruid New Member

You have no patience to learn these tools that could only unlock your phones true potential, and you should just give up and run stock phone with all the bloatware, I don't know about a Droid 2 to much or if you can as much as I do with the Droid one, but be patient and learn and you wont regret it at all, my Droid one runs fast and smooth since I rooted it, flashed a liquid gingerbread and overclocked it, and also have the ability to remove bloatware freeing up memory, but if you want to just run your stock Droid 2 and watch it get slower and slower over time then go for it, or join the rest of us in the custom Droid community and have some fun with a really fast phone.

Sent from my Droid
  6. skruid

skruid New Member

And a phone that is customized to the way you want it to look

Sent from my Droid
  7. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I too have no bloatware on my D2...overclocked to 1.25Ghz and my battery lasts a lifetime....well a day to a day and a half anyway.
  8. iceman84210

iceman84210 New Member

no patience isnt my thing and it really isnt when i "donate" for a program or programer and the link doesnt work or i have to subscribe to a monthly sevrice. and i try and try to learn about the programs. but dont know who to turn to for guidence. thats why im here last resort before i just put it all back. downloaded z4root waste of time. tried an overclock program waste of time. tried to put fission spend money and what a waste. so im pissed and frustrated