new to this forum,need advice on launcherpro

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by jshep330, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jshep330

jshep330 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,my name is Josh i am an eris owner.i really love my eris its rooted and its really sweet.The issue im having right now is that launcher pro expires on my phone today and i dont even remember ever downloading it.but the thing that i ask myself is do i even need launcher pro because i dont think ive ever used it.so if i do need it,what do i need it for? Any advice or input will be greatly appriceated.
    thank you
    josh.

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does your launcher look like? Umm, like when you are at the main home screen and hit the options menu, do you see a "Preferences" button and does that take you to LauncherPro settings? If so you are on LPro... also, i didnt think LPro expires?!

3. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Hi Josh, and Welcome to the Forum :)

Launcher Pro is a home replacement and easily updateable through the Market and if you use the stock home launcher then there is really no need for it

4. jshep330

jshep330 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah im pretty sure i have to be using the stock version because i dont remember ever downloading it.is there maybe a chance that it came with the rom that im using? i really dont think im going to update because i dont use it.i dont even see an icon on my apps page for it.if i go into settings and manage apps thats the only place i see an icon for it.

5. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Yes, it came with the ROM you are using. Go to the market, and search for "Launcher Pro" Download it and install it. When you get a launcher with a ROM, it is not downloaded from the market, and you will not automatically get updates from the market. Once you download it, you will get nitifications from the market when upgrades are available.