new to this forum,need advice on launcherpro

jshep330

Reaction score
Hello,my name is Josh i am an eris owner.i really love my eris its rooted and its really sweet.The issue im having right now is that launcher pro expires on my phone today and i dont even remember ever downloading it.but the thing that i ask myself is do i even need launcher pro because i dont think ive ever used it.so if i do need it,what do i need it for? Any advice or input will be greatly appriceated.
thank you
josh.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What does your launcher look like? Umm, like when you are at the main home screen and hit the options menu, do you see a "Preferences" button and does that take you to LauncherPro settings? If so you are on LPro... also, i didnt think LPro expires?!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi Josh, and Welcome to the Forum :)

Launcher Pro is a home replacement and easily updateable through the Market and if you use the stock home launcher then there is really no need for it

OP
J

jshep330

Reaction score
yeah im pretty sure i have to be using the stock version because i dont remember ever downloading it.is there maybe a chance that it came with the rom that im using? i really dont think im going to update because i dont use it.i dont even see an icon on my apps page for it.if i go into settings and manage apps thats the only place i see an icon for it.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah im pretty sure i have to be using the stock version because i dont remember ever downloading it.is there maybe a chance that it came with the rom that im using? i really dont think im going to update because i dont use it.i dont even see an icon on my apps page for it.if i go into settings and manage apps thats the only place i see an icon for it.
Yes, it came with the ROM you are using. Go to the market, and search for "Launcher Pro" Download it and install it. When you get a launcher with a ROM, it is not downloaded from the market, and you will not automatically get updates from the market. Once you download it, you will get nitifications from the market when upgrades are available.