New to this forum and really like my Bionic!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by 340DartMan, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 340DartMan

340DartMan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Folks, Just wanted to give you a heads up that another noob is here. I am new to smartphones. The Bionic is my first one. Bought it ~ third week of October. Before that, I was a Tracfone guy. They came out with a "dumb phone" (as I lovingly call it!). This gave me a taste of touch screen capabilities (even though the screen was resistive). In the meantime, my wife has been enjoying her HTC Incredible for almost two years making me jealous. So then one day,... I washed my dumbphone,.......Then I dried my dumbphone (the thumpidty, thumpidy I heard coming from the dryer,... didn't clue me in a bit). And of course, eventually I wanted to use my dumbphone, but couldn't find it. Finally found it in the dryer. (thumpidy, thumpidy!) Pulled the battery, completely gutted it and set it to dry under a fan for a day. Reassembled it and it worked!! (with a new battery) Unbelievable! Everything worked except the mic. Go figure! At least it has bluetooth. That didn't last long. I mean,... I have to be able to use my phone without an earpiece all the time! So I ordered the Motorola Bionic. (Now fast-forward outta the 19th century below) I relate to my Bionic as a small PC. And with that, like my PC,... I want to have full access to the whole OS, (I guess ROM in this case). I have control issues. So two weeks after purchase,... after a lot of reading on several forums,... I rooted, installed TB, froze programs, accidentally deleted a couple bloatwares, and wouldn't take the 5.5.893 update. Last week I used dhacker29's R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R Root. This got me back to stock ROM, installed Bionic Bootstrapper and backed up. Then downloaded my 5.5.893 OTA. Fixing to backup 893, then go to 5.9.901 that is floating around. I am fairly computer literate, built two PC's, avionics/electronics by trade. I like MoPars and am an audiophile. Love playing with my Bionic and know just enough to brick it. But I am pretty sure I can un-brick it! :) Thank you to all the smart Devs out there who have made life a lot easier for me. If it wasn't for you folks, I'd bricking my phone left-n-right trying to figure this darn thing out!! My hat's off to you! Thanks again, Tony

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Welcome to the board! Indeed our phones are pretty much PCs in our hands

3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome!! Congrats on the Bionic...sounds like you are definitely enjoying it so far :)...LOL

4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to DF Tony!! We are happy you joined up with us today.
    And from your intro it sounds like you have been a busy guy :biggrin:

5. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,825
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    :welcome: to the forum.

6. SFGate