New to the world of roms

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by AD3vilsRejekt, Dec 13, 2010.

1. AD3vilsRejekt

AD3vilsRejekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently (December 10th) decided that after a year my stock droid that I've had for over a year had bored me to death. Since I'm up for an upgrade I decided to root, I went threw the process of using superoneclick, after that I have flashed for shadowrom v0.2.2, and I love it.

I found the trublue theme and am currently using it, but my question is will older themes say for 0.2.1 work for 0.2.2? Also I'm lost on where and what to do next, I know the world of rooting is liimitless, I'm just lost as to where to go.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on the Root - it's like a whole new device :)

...as far as the themes - most themers will update the theme as the newer ROM's are releases, putting a theme made for 2.0 on 2.1 can mess with system files and take away some of the features that the newer ROM provides

3. AD3vilsRejekt

AD3vilsRejekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, now that I have that outta the way. Thanks. I'm using the free version of rom manager currently and using clockwork recovery, since I'm using the free version I can't see all of their lists in the downloads and I've seen several "universal" themes, is there a section in the forum for these that I've maybe over looked?

Also I appologize if this is in the wrong section.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Themes for particular ROM's can usually be found in said ROM section on the Forum