New to the G2 and loving it!

Erikbal

Reaction score
So Saturday I went into Verizon with my mom to look for a new phone (her first smartphone) for her. Anyways we decided on the S4 mini for her. While there I started browsing and came across the G2 and really liked it. Then I realized I could get one for free after a $50 mail in rebate. How could I pass this up? I was still using my old Droid 4 and had no intention on upgrading but it was too good to pass up. When the G2 first came out I really liked it and did some research on it. Anyways I must say I am very impressed with it! So fast and it has some great features. I love being able to reply to texts without having to go back to what I was doing. Anyways do you guys have any tips or tricks for me that I should know or things to watch for? It's taking some getting used to not having a keyboard anymore. I'm getting there though. Thanks!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the G2! What do you think of the camera quality?

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
So far I am impressed with everything. I haven't gotten to use the camera much yet though. Coming from an outdated 2+ year old device everything is impressing me.

ricks

Reaction score
You still loving the G2? I got one last week and got to keep my unlimited data. So far it's keeping me busy coming from the razr made.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm still really enjoying it. I've gotten completely used to the rear buttons and thanks to a suggestion here I got a case for it I really like. You've gotta admit for the amount of time the phone's been out it's still one of the faster ones out there. Plenty fast enough for me and I really have no complaints. Battery life is amazing as well.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
There's nothing wrong with the G2 that hasn't been fixed IMO. I have two of them and love them both. In fact, I've been so happy with the G2, that I pre-ordered a G3 and not because I'm having problems. Simply because I can't wait to see if they can improve on the G2. I don't think they can, but I'll find out next week.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The G2 has been an amazing phone. The only complaint I have, is that the screen developed a nefarious dead zone about an inch away from the top, and all the way across. From what I found online, it's a known issue that's plagued a small portion of the G2's that have been shipped out.

Verizon replaced it for free, so that's a bonus. Still, I'm curious as to how many of G2's out there are actually getting this problem and people just don't bother reporting it.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The G2 is great, I haven't had the screen issue luckily. This is the only phone so far I haven't had to replace because of some issue. AOSP and G3 ROMs run smooth, there's also a couple good stock ROMs worth checking out too, or just enjoy a great stock experience!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The G2 has been an amazing phone. The only complaint I have, is that the screen developed a nefarious dead zone about an inch away from the top, and all the way across. From what I found online, it's a known issue that's plagued a small portion of the G2's that have been shipped out.

Verizon replaced it for free, so that's a bonus. Still, I'm curious as to how many of G2's out there are actually getting this problem and people just don't bother reporting it.
A fishing buddy has about the entire upper half of his screen being a dead spot. He said it's no biggie because all he does is texts and phone calls, both using the bottom half. His is on T-Mobile.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've been keeping up with the G2 for months now, and this is the first I've heard about it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

SylenThunder

Reaction score
So far I'm loving mine. Coming up on one month of use with it, and the only real issue is the Bluetooth audio pause/pop when playing Pandora in the car. As near as i can tell, it must be some hardware interface issue, but it completely baffles me. Other BT devices in the house don't have the problem, it's just when in the car.
At first I was thinking it might be my carrier signal, but even when sitting stationary with a good signal it is happening. I'm not seeing any other activities on the phone when it occurs either, and it seems totally random.

Camera has been magnificent, and the focus is much faster and more accurate that my last phone, even when close-up and doing macros.

Battery life is amazing, and I can go for a couple of says without the need to charge. That's pretty impressive considering all the tings I do with my phone.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
I've had mine since Jun 14th and am still very happy with it. Great phone, great camera, great battery life. I really don't have any complaints with it. I can't believe how little action this forum gets. I guess that must mean there's few problems with this phone or it's just not very popular?

D

Divergent

I've had mine since Jun 14th and am still very happy with it. Great phone, great camera, great battery life. I really don't have any complaints with it. I can't believe how little action this forum gets. I guess that must mean there's few problems with this phone or it's just not very popular?

I haven't heard of issues yet so I think it will be less popularity, anyway I changed my mind I will buy the HTC One M7 ;)

26 October will my HTC One M7 arrive!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When it first released it got a bit of forum chatter but the lack of problems with the model kinda killed off the chatter once the newness wore off. The sales figures were no where near that of Samsung and Moto devices so that was a factor, as you suggested, as well.
Phablet sized screen on a normal sized phone with relatively few bugs and great performance does not bode well for long term forum chatter. Heck it didn't even get abandoned for firmware updates right away so no threads about where the next version is.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk