New to the forums and smart phones

vortes

Reaction score
Well, after years of not having a smart phone, i'm finally taking the dive and getting one. I saw amazon has upgrades available really cheap,------- http://wireless.amazon.com/f/pennypincher ------- I am sort of stuck between the droid 3 and the droid charge, i want the 1080p recording and the keyboard, but i dunno if i should just forget about those and get 4g because i will have this phone for the next 2 years. Would anyone suggest one of the other phones on that page? Or possibly suggest waiting for a new phone coming out? I dunno if these types of deals on amazon are common, but it seems like something i shouldn't wait and pass up.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry to say but it is all going to be your preference as far as what phone to get. As long as the phone has the features you want and you can do what you need to with it I am sure you will be happy with it. Sorry if that is not the answer you were hoping for.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry to say but it is all going to be your preference as far as what phone to get. As long as the phone has the features you want and you can do what you need to with it I am sure you will be happy with it. Sorry if that is not the answer you were hoping for.

+1... it is a personal preference.

OP
V

vortes

Reaction score
Well. im mainly trying to figure out if 4g should be a big consideration. I really want the keyboard and 1080p camera, but if 4g will be blowing 3g speeds out of the water within the next year, i may put 4g higher on my priority list.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I got the Droid 3 because I have two other upgrades I can use for one 4G comes to my area.. so the Galaxy Nexus will likely be my phone. If you're like me and need to be up to date, not having 4G is gonna kill you. I too REALLY like the plus of having a keyboard coming from the Droid 1, but 4G just seems like something I'd need if available in my area to stay "ahead" of the curb.
Don't get me wrong, the Droid 3 is great though. Especially with all the dev support lately. A lot of people with 4G have gotten it because they feel they definitely need a keyboard and because 4G is still to much of a battery hog.