New to the Forum, Hello!

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
My name is Patrick, I live in Dallas TX. I own a Motorola Droid 1 that is currently not activated, and a brand new Motorola Droid Bionic with system build 5.9.893 (both are Verizon). I joined the forum so I can learn cool stuff like how to upgrade system build, root the phone, install ROMs, etc. I have been an open source user and advocate on the PC platform for years, so of course I was very excited about android, but I had to wait a contract out for almost a year after I started lusting for one. Had my Droid 1 for about two years until 12.30.2011 when my new Verizon Droid Bionic arrived. I've been thrilled in all ways so far, but Verizon is hella strong in the Dallas area with regard for all types of signal, 3G (consistently around 1.5MB down, 500-600KB up) and 4G LTE (so far 25-27MB down 10-12 MB up, pulling whole albums over 4G LTE via zumacast in 7-8 minutes). :p

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to droid forums :)

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Patrick!! We are happy to have you with us :)

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Welcome and I myself just got and rooted my bionic two days ago. And before that I had and still have my Droid 1. Goodluck.