new to the fascinate

eriscrazy

Reaction score
hey guys i should be getting my new fascinate tomorrow and ill be coming from a droid eris lol. i keep seeing and hearing that the fascinate will be getting the froyo update next week. and the sources are pretty good. so with that being said is it worth rooting? i rooted my eris for a few reasons.

Rogue27

Reaction score
They've been saying root is coming next week every week for the past few months don't hold ur breath but I'm still sending my Gf who works for vzw customer service to check on any updates for the fascinate in the system. Until I hear from her I don't believe it. But if I were u I would just wait to root for when the update comes out. The update is gonna remove root access anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
that makes sense to me cause i ran into issues with my eris being rooted and it getting the 2.1 update. but from what i hear the phone does great without 2.2 so ill prob just leave it alone and how is the performance with out 2.2

Reaction score
The GPS glitch seems to be resolved since the DJ09 update last week, but there is still some lag in opening and moving around. Nothing major, just noticeable. Most everyone wants FROYO, which has been dangled like a carrot over us since day one...still nothing in sight...so we can have Flash and the ability to save apps to SD card. Other than that, this is a sweet phone and is sooooo much better than the BB Tour I upgraded from! If you are around WiFi, check out the VEVO app for video streaming...amazing! Sadly outdated (compared to the new dual procs and OS upgrades out there), this is still one amazing piece of technology!

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
sure thing the main selling point was the screen and the slim sleek look to the phone compared to the droid x and i have been seeing online that ppl are saying that launcher pro fixes some of touch wiz's lag issues have u noticed a differences.

fordee11

Reaction score
With launcher pro there is a noticeable decrease of lag.

Rogue27

Reaction score
Or once u root ur fascinate one click lag fix works wonders. I actually purchased launcher pro when I had a Droid x but with the fascinate I don't like it cause the application menu just would look like every other Droid out there. The set up of the fascinate makes it unique and although I already paid for launcher pro I wouldn't want to change the fascibate interface.

Melody

Reaction score
Myself personally" I would wait for the update. Be it who even knows when & if this will happen? I also don't get why Verizon can't step up to the plate & keep it's thousands of fascinate customers in the loop regarding the supposed update? As it stands their are many ticked off fascinate owners.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Yea I am going to wait. I'm just wondering Irvine should do the OTA update is it worth it?