New to the family

DKNUCKLES

Reaction score
My name is Dan I have the motorola droid since its was released. So now I would like to say hi my name is Dan and I am an addict. Addicted to dun dun dun... The DROID! Always doing something on it. I especailly like customizing it as much as I can keeping close tabs on all the newest and greatest the droid has to offer. I am looking to root my droid but don't know the best rom(s) to consider. I have rooted in the past but wasn't really pleased plus I wanted the 2.1 ota. I don't think it exists either but I am always looking to find that someone out there found a way to fm transmit with the droid, I read it might be possible through the bluetooth chip but nothing yet:-( so thanks for the welcome and happy to be the new guy!
Dan

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us, Dan. Like you, most of us are addicted to our Droids and this forum.

As to what rom to choose that seems to be an individual preference. Some folks find that on their phone one rom may preform better than another. So, best advice, try several.
In the mean time here is a linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/poll-181-a.html that shows what rom members are running

Mike

jr313

Reaction score
Hows it goin bro welcome to the forums your gna like it here everyones very helpful...as far as what roms there are quite a bit of them just look em up and see what may catch your eye i personally am running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 and its awesome fast and very stable but like i said check out the hacks section and see what you like its a rom candy store...

OP
D

DKNUCKLES

Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us, Dan. Like you, most of us are addicted to our Droids and this forum.

As to what rom to choose that seems to be an individual preference. Some folks find that on their phone one rom may preform better than another. So, best advice, try several.
In the mean time here is a linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/poll-181-a.html that shows what rom members are running

Mike
Thank you very much! Now... how do I find the newest bb and download it? Lol

OP
D

DKNUCKLES

Reaction score
Hows it goin bro welcome to the forums your gna like it here everyones very helpful...as far as what roms there are quite a bit of them just look em up and see what may catch your eye i personally am running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 and its awesome fast and very stable but like i said check out the hacks section and see what you like its a rom candy store...
Your not kidding I didn't expect to get such fast responses! I really appreciate it thanks for the advise

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try this

Pete if it does not work, go to alldroid, click forums, select, roms, select, Pete

Let me know how you make out
Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My name is Dan I have the motorola droid since its was released. So now I would like to say hi my name is Dan and I am an addict. Addicted to dun dun dun... The DROID! Always doing something on it. I especailly like customizing it as much as I can keeping close tabs on all the newest and greatest the droid has to offer. I am looking to root my droid but don't know the best rom(s) to consider. I have rooted in the past but wasn't really pleased plus I wanted the 2.1 ota. I don't think it exists either but I am always looking to find that someone out there found a way to fm transmit with the droid, I read it might be possible through the bluetooth chip but nothing yet:-( so thanks for the welcome and happy to be the new guy!
Dan

Welcome to your newest obsession, Dan! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Looks like Mike has you all set up. Enjoy!

:welcome:

OP
D

DKNUCKLES

Reaction score
Dan

Welcome to your newest obsession, Dan! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Looks like Mike has you all set up. Enjoy!

:welcome:
wow this is unreal! thanks soo much for the help you guys are great!