New to the Droid

vtrider159

Reaction score
Hello, I am planning on buying the Droid in the next few days and after reading alot of great info here, I decided to register.

The Droid is my first Smartphone ever and the capabilities are amazing to me. I plan on using the info in this forum to help me customize the phone and point me in the right direction as far as apps go. I am comming from an entirely out of date LG flip phone and wanted the full droid experience.

At first, I was going to jump to the iphone and at&t but I loathe itunes and the reception from at&t is notoriously spotty as has been discussed here. I then thought of going with a phone with a browser, to an ipod touch and so forth until I decided to take the plunge on the Droid which will be best for me.

I see alot of tips here which are useful as well as the reviews on everything from screen protectors to google voice and so on. I look forward to learning all I can to get the most out of the phone.

Thanks for reading.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, even if you loved iTunes (and I do) Droid works well with it. A little free software called Double Twist and you're on your way.

The only reason I even mention it to you is it just goes to show how flexible Droid is. Glad you decided to get Droided, and welcome to the forum.:)

OP
vtrider159

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have been on the forums looking at the FAQ's, threads about flash and the new 2.1 and I'm looking forward to using some of the apps and widgets I saw here.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I will echo what everyone else said. Welcome to the forums : )

Seems like your well on your way to getting the most out of the Droid. Good job on your research.

Only thing thats going to be a drag is waiting to pick it up in a few days but then again that time will be used in getting all the info together so you can get set up fast.

Good luck and I'm glad you decided to register.

See you in the forums.