New to the Droid Razr Maxx, couple of questions

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jackiescivic said:
Color ID was the program that allowed you to choose custom led colors per program, right? I remember when I got my DInc I tried finding an app like that but could not. Although, that was a year and a half ago now. But I do know that there are some apps that will allow you to choose the color indicator in their program

A popular one and works pretty well is Lite Flow. I use the free version and it lets me customize led blinking colors for SMS, email, missed calls, calendar, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
A popular one and works pretty well is Lite Flow. I use the free version and it lets me customize led blinking colors for SMS, email, missed calls, calendar, etc.

Just downloaded the free version. Thanks!

huskur

Reaction score
OP....use Smart Actions app to schedule shut downs and powering back up. Thats easy. Then go to menu>settings>privacy and set up the screen lock with the dots or with numerals. The Maxx will do just what you are asking.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
huskur said:
OP....use Smart Actions app to schedule shut downs and powering back up. Thats easy. Then go to menu>settings>privacy and set up the screen lock with the dots or with numerals. The Maxx will do just what you are asking.

See I had no clue that the maxx would shut itself down and power itself back up.. thanks for the info :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, help me out here because I don't see anything for having it turn off and back on, just silence and disconnect data and such.

huskur

Reaction score
OK, help me out here because I don't see anything for having it turn off and back on, just silence and disconnect data and such.

Technically its not fully shut down. Just in a deep sleep. Turn off data, ringers, ect...and let smart actions turn them back on in the morning when you wake up. Personally, I do not use them. I want all that on 24/7. That is why i got the maxx.

As long as i can get through the day without charging I am happy.

OP
txretro

txretro

Reaction score
Thanx for the help. Got the screen lock set up, set the timer to when screen goes blank. Works like a charm. Set up a daily shut down/power up, will see what it does tonight and in the a.m..

jackiescivic - no worries about hijacking the thread. I used BerryBuzz on my Curve to change the LED colors. It also let me set audible alarms for missed calls, etc. I'm an airline mechanic and don't wear my phone at work, it hangs off my tool cart so I don't damage it. Since I can't 'hear' a LED flashing, I had alert tones set up as well. Drives my co workers nuts when I walk away from my area for a while and the phone starts going off. Going to check Lite Flow out when I'm done here.

OP
txretro

txretro

Reaction score
I've always turned the cell off at night. That way if I miss a text or call the phone won't be yapping all night. People know that if they call the cell at night and it goes straight to voice, call the land line if it's important. Otherwise I'll call 'em back the next day.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Me neither! Oops...for 94lt...didn't know you could power off and power on w smart actions (or pretty darn close to it).

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
huskur said:
Technically its not fully shut down. Just in a deep sleep. Turn off data, ringers, ect...and let smart actions turn them back on in the morning when you wake up. Personally, I do not use them. I want all that on 24/7. That is why i got the maxx.

As long as i can get through the day without charging I am happy.

OK, that's what I was thinking. It will sleep. That clears it up lol. I was thinking I needed to go get glasses or something :)