New to the Droid Razr Maxx, couple of questions

txretro

Reaction score
I've only had it for a few days, had a Blackberry Curve 8330 prior.

I have two questions for now, I'm sure there will be more as I learn this phone -

1. With the BB, I could schedule it to turn off at night and then back on in the morning. Is there an app for that?

2. I'd like to lock the phone when it's on, using pattern/PIN/whatever. I went through the setup for it but it didn't work.

I don't have a teenager handy, the only one I know is my nephew and he has an iPhone.

Any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
txretro said:
I've only had it for a few days, had a Blackberry Curve 8330 prior.

I have two questions for now, I'm sure there will be more as I learn this phone -

1. With the BB, I could schedule it to turn off at night and then back on in the morning. Is there an app for that?

2. I'd like to lock the phone when it's on, using pattern/PIN/whatever. I went through the setup for it but it didn't work.

I don't have a teenager handy, the only one I know is my nephew and he has an iPhone.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new device. I too was once a bb user. I'm sorry to say that I haven't found an app that allows for the phone to be scheduled to power off and on. As for the pattern lock, let me go research this. I don't use it, but I will see what I can learn about it for you. Brb.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.... I set up a pattern lock and it worked just fine.

Make sure to touch at least 4 dots. Hope this helps?

Caesars

Reaction score
This may seem rather obvious but I missed it the first time lol. You can change the timer on the lock to "when screen is turned off" opposed to whatever it defaults to hehe.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Caesars said:
This may seem rather obvious but I missed it the first time lol. You can change the timer on the lock to "when screen is turned off" opposed to whatever it defaults to hehe.

There ya go. Good catch!

clintro

Reaction score
It is a shame RIM didn't innovate enough to keep up with the smartphone market.... They had everyone.

Former CrackBerry FanBoi.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I loved both my Curve and Tour (except when the trackball went out lol). I went days without charging. But yes, RIM fell far behind and it's sad. I don't think even teaming up with Google helped like they had hoped. They still have a lot of corporate users though, but iphone is the most popular these days.

Sorry to the OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread :-D

chhare

Reaction score
Former long time BB Tour user here also, but learning to love the Maxx. Getting back to the OP's question, if the phone isn't rooted is there an auto off/on app? I am also looking for something like the Color ID app that I had on my BB. Anybody have any clues on that? Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is there a user group for former bb users?? Lol. Call it bb anonymous rofl.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
chhare said:
Former long time BB Tour user here also, but learning to love the Maxx. Getting back to the OP's question, if the phone isn't rooted is there an auto off/on app? I am also looking for something like the Color ID app that I had on my BB. Anybody have any clues on that? Thanks.

Color ID was the program that allowed you to choose custom led colors per program, right? I remember when I got my DInc I tried finding an app like that but could not. Although, that was a year and a half ago now. But I do know that there are some apps that will allow you to choose the color indicator in their program

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Is there a user group for former bb users?? Lol. Call it bb anonymous rofl.

I used to be a part of a couple great BB forums. I love how there are always some amazingly knowledgeable people on each forum I've been a part of, including this one

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jackiescivic said:
I used to be a part of a couple great BB forums. I love how there are always some amazingly knowledgeable people on each forum I've been a part of, including this one

Kewl. I mean on here :)