new to the droid lifestyle...

killertypo

Reaction score
Hi all, I have had my droid for about a week and am still on the fence about it. The phone clearly has more processing power than my old iphone but mine stille seems to have several bugs. My google maps only works about 10% of time. Usually it puts my location some where in alaska. And my navagater never hooks up to a satelite. I also seem to have a problem where I will hit one app but my phone will open an entirely different app. Hopefully I will find some insight into how to optimize my phone from the people on this site. By the way its a moto droid not an htc

Guurzak

Reaction score
Sounds like your GPS is either not turned on, or failing to sync up. If you're a former Alltel customer or in an area served by Alltel, there are known issues with GPS sync- otherwise, it's definitely worth pursuing with Verizon support. If your phone's GPS is flaky they should be able to swap it out no problems.

Not sure what to tell you about the app misfires. Sorry!

Booch_21

Reaction score
If you're a former Alltel customer or in an area served by Alltel, there are known issues with GPS sync- otherwise, it's definitely worth pursuing with Verizon support.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I am in an area where Alltel and Verizon did not merge. Alltel is still in business here, but I may be buying the Droid soon. Could you clarify what you mean by your comment, please?