New to sense

blueswitch

Reaction score
Just replaced my Droid 1 with this phone....is there anyway without rooting to remove all these verizon apps? There's a ton of pre-loaded stuff. Also anyway to change icon's? So far there's some stuff I like about sense some stuff I don't...but I'd love to get some of the the default Android icons back in use.

Also are you guys using task killer with this? Biggest reason I dumped the Droid 1 was that it seemed like I was always low on RAM and so I was task killing all the time. Since this has way more RAM is Androids garbage collection good enough? Same line of thinking....do you think using 3 1x1 widgets to do the same chore as 1 1x4 widget (HTC power control vs. google power control widget) uses more RAM?

Last edited:

anguish

Reaction score
Never once used a task killer. Everything I've read suggests it isn't necessary.

As far as the bloatware, you need root to remove it. I temp-rooted mine and froze it, which is the best option.

As far as the icons, not sure. Never bothered to try...unless you're referring to some of the widgets, in which case, I've swapped some out (like the default big clock with a littler one).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never once used a task killer. Everything I've read suggests it isn't necessary.

As far as the bloatware, you need root to remove it. I temp-rooted mine and froze it, which is the best option.

As far as the icons, not sure. Never bothered to try...unless you're referring to some of the widgets, in which case, I've swapped some out (like the default big clock with a littler one).

the Inc2 has temp root?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

the Inc2 has temp root?

HOW TO: Temp Root for DInc2 - xda-developers

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I haven't done it yet...just keeping an eye on the latest developments. Hoping for the full monty but the lack of popularity with this phone suggests not much effort will be put into rooting it imo. It's a hell of a great phone out of the box though....shame we can't get permaroot.

Yeah it's being overshadowed by the 4G stuff unfortunately... It's basically a more ergonomic version of the Thunderbolt without 4G. Hopefully it will build up some attention, but probably slowly...