New to rooting

Grassi

Reaction score
Ok so I just rooted my D2G, and I just wanna make sure everything is safe in case of a major **** up, does titanium do the job? I know it has the back up feature and I backed up all the stock bloatware just in case, but I don't really know what I would do if my phone got really ****ed up. Any tips or basics I should know to keep my phone as safe as possible?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
Make a backup in Clockwork Recovery. That way if you do mess anything up, you can easily load the backup.

trook

Reaction score
Ok so I just rooted my D2G, and I just wanna make sure everything is safe in case of a major **** up, does titanium do the job? I know it has the back up feature and I backed up all the stock bloatware just in case, but I don't really know what I would do if my phone got really ****ed up. Any tips or basics I should know to keep my phone as safe as possible?

To make a true backup you need the droid 2 bootstrap or koush's bootstrap (its the same thing just 2 different names). Any questions regarding rooting, backing up, or flashing a rom can be answered in the hacking/rom install class located in the hacks section. I would start there.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titanium will not allow you to restore your OS. The bootstrap backup will.

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Where do I get bootstraps, I can't find it on the market

palindrome

Reaction score
Bootstrap is in market, search bootstrap. Make sure u get the version for your phone

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Do I use it now? ? Or do I wait till my phone ****s up