New to rooting few questions.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mpit52, Jan 23, 2011.

1. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

I'm finally thinking about rooting my phone but would like to know a few things.
    I've noticed that my phone has been getting slower and slower. Would rooting possibly help this? I've tried running clean up aps and even wipping my phone but it seems to go back to the same sluggish speed.
    By speed I'm referring to the time it takes my "desktop" to load up, the app draw to load all the icons and even some apps and dolphin brower.
    Now I'm sure that's not the best reason for rooting my phone but with would it help by using other roms or tweeks.
    Please let me know, thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Yes, it is a very sad thing for me to read. With the last two stock OTA updates for the A855 phone, unrooted users have had many problems with a pretty much stock setup.

As far as your 'desktop' slow down, you _might_ want to try ADW.launcher and see if that will help. It has a ton of performance options that might help bring back a bit of snap to your phone.

Otherwise, root.
  3. kayechz

kayechz New Member

Mine began to run slow as well. I also was gettings tons of Force Closes. That's why I rooted last night and installed Liberty Rom today. I don't regret it at all. I'm not sure if rooting is the only solution. I'm only a noob. :)
  4. xhondakidd

xhondakidd New Member

Just rooted my evo. The only thing I use is the WiFi. I heard i can change my text messages to look like the iPhone text messages. Does anyone know how I can do that? What else can I do with my rooted evo?

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums App

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums App
  5. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

Thanks for the reply's guys. I'll look into rooting my phone then..now I just gotta find a nice ROM lol.
  6. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

try Project Elite v4.2 ... it's LIGHTNING fast, ultra stable and very customizable.

IN_MY_OPINION it's the best thing since sliced bread :)
  7. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

Try Handcent SMS

Liberated Droid II
  8. johnnya39

johnnya39 New Member

I have installed many roms if you want the fast and stable install liberty you will not be disappointed.
  9. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

Thanks guys. Sorry to dissonant you but I have yet to root my phone. I have been uber busy and haven't had 10mins to myself. :/
    I'm going to try Vuarnet suggestion tonight and will let you guys know how it works out.
  10. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

OK, so im a little lost. I checked out the link you gave me for the rom but there are NO instruction on how to install it...Do I just put the package on my SD card and try to run it or do I need a boot loader. I've flash a reloaded a Windows phone a few years ago but thats about it. Please help. Thanks
  11. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

You have to root your phone first. Use this guide to root your Droid, then you can install the Rom.
  12. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

Thanks for the instruction on how to root. I have root successfully now its just a matter of installing the rom. Are all ROM's installed the same way? Im checking the forums for a how to. If anyone has one, please post it to same me some time. THanks again.
  13. mpit52

mpit52 New Member

Ok, you can ignore the last message. I just found a video on how to install roms. I found it from these forums and followed the youtube link. I used the "rom manager" program to download/install cyanogen's latests rom. I tried to install/find the ROM you guys suggested to me but the manager wouldn't recognize it.