new to rooting and use of rom manager

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by renton56, Sep 3, 2010.

1. renton56

renton56 New Member

well im a complete scrub when it comes to rooting, ive never even attempted it yet in fear of breaking my droid 1

currently i am:
    Android version 2.2
    Build number Frg01b

im wanting to install pete alfonso's bugless beast v0.4 but im having troubles finding an actual guide to installing any of the bugless beast roms

i was just wondering if anyone can point me right direction in attempting to hit BBv0.4. and would i have to downgrade my official froyo to get bugless? and if needed how would i do that?

oh ya, can i update BB OTA like the official droid updates? or do i have to do it manually each time?

thanks in advance for helping :D
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

The link Hook provided will guide you through the rooting process. I suggest that you read it several times. Make notes and if you have questions post for clarification before you proceed.
    Once you start we will be here to help should you encounter any problems.

Check the rom section in the forum for BB.

Typically, the developers do not push new releases to individual devices. You can install manually or, providing the developer participates, use Rom Manager.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike
  4. renton56

renton56 New Member

im currently on step 6 of the detailed instruction of the link given to me above, and i cannot find my phone listed in rsd. anyone know how to fix this or whats wrong?
  5. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Just so you realize, when you go to BB, you'll get a stable and still beloved ROM, but it will be a few builds behind your current ROM. I'm not sure if that matters to you, but thought you should know (it's FRF84B based and FRG01, FRG22, and FRG22D have all come out since it was released).

Make sure you turned on USB debugging; I think it has to be enabled for RSD to work effectively. (Menu key -> Settings -> Applications -> Development)
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I'm assuming that you are at the third step 6.
    Start RSD Lite on your computer. If you're on a version of Windows newer than XP, remember to run RSD Lite as administrator by right clicking its menu choice and choosing "Run as Administrator". If you don't have such an option, you may be able to right click on the shortcut, choose "properties", and check "Run this program as Administrator" [pic].

If you have Vista or 7 did you run the admin function?
  7. renton56

renton56 New Member

will i still have gif support and flash? main reason im attempting the root is to make my phone a lil faster and wifi tether
  8. renton56

renton56 New Member

i did the properties thing, and i still cant find the run as admin option, plus im pretty sure that since this is the only user file on my laptop im an admin. but still sorry for asking forall the help, still cant get my phone model to show up

running windows XP if that helps
  9. renton56

renton56 New Member

and also whats USB debugging?
  10. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

It's a selection on the phone that enables more communication over the USB connection to the PC which is useful for development and for tools like RSD. To get to it click the menu button on your phone, then choose settings then choose applications, then choose development. It should be the first or second checkbox.
  11. Felix 222

Felix 222 New Member

in order to run BB .4, i did the following:

installed easyroot and rooted (i don't believe easyroot is in the market anymore...must purchase key and download .apk file from internet.)
    downloaded super user and rom manager
    download the BB .4 file
    used rom manager to install which is very easy...

don't forget to check out themes after!
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  12. BigZig

BigZig New Member

Whatever you do don't. Use easyroot there has been so many problems with this method. Are you sure you have the right drivers installed on your pc either 32 or 64 bit this could be your problem