New to Rooting and Forum, Hello!!

justinandkris

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Justin! I'm here on the forum with my girlfriend Kris, she just got a new Droid Bionic and was interested in doing some rooting! Soooo, here I am looking for some info! Just a few basic questions, one, she just got this phone litterally last night (christmas) so what version of android does the phone have? Does the 43v3r root work with it and what are the chances of it bricking using this method? That's pretty much her only concern, and we're honestly just Rooting to take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature. Thanks so much guys and Kris says Hi too! :]

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
quick update, i took the plunge and did the 1 click exploit method, so now i have super user and yet i cant do mobile hotspot still using barnacle, open garden, anything. Any ideas how to get this going so i can hook up my kindle fire and computer?

reminon

Reaction score
quick update, i took the plunge and did the 1 click exploit method, so now i have super user and yet i cant do mobile hotspot still using barnacle, open garden, anything. Any ideas how to get this going so i can hook up my kindle fire and computer?

The latest wifi tether has the bionic profile. http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list and 43v3r root does work, after you 43v3r root you can update to 5.5.893 for better data stability...and if u want to go from there u can update to 5.9.901.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
hey thanks for the reply, if i already did a 1 click root, should i unroot before doing the 4ever root?

reminon

Reaction score
No need to unroot, 43v3r root involves editing a system file to retain root during updates. Which one click did you use?

reminon

Reaction score
This method by dhacker has 43v3r root in the script. http://th3oryrom.com/COMPILED/R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1.zip ..its a couple 100mb but its worth it. Also I believe this method only works on stock or the 5.5.893 update. Its best to 43v3r root after rooting on stock then update to 5.5.893 which it should ask you to update to when you check for an update on your phone. Choose option 3 on the script I provided

Last edited:
OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
p.s. that wifi tether is awesome, i'm finally online! thanks!

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
nice, im dowloading that 43v3r tether zip you linked me and the girlfriend is on her kindle getting books, life is good :]

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
alright sweet that zip you linked me worked perfect! Went with option 3 and it installed successfully, how do i check for updates to get that version you were talking about? (also is there any way to put a password on the hotspot with that hotspot app you linked me?) Thanks again for all your help!!

reminon

Reaction score
Press the home button, then press the menu button, then hit settings, and scroll down and hit "about phone", then hit system updates, make sure u 43v3r rooted before hand.

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
yea I'm all good with the 4ever root, can't update yet because kris says she'll beat me if I make her lose wifi while shes looking for books lolol, guess I'll do it later! Also, whats a good temp to be running at, I notice that the wifi app has a temp monitor, I'm at 41c, whats my danger zone?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
40C is well within safe operating. When you start approaching 50C is when you should stop what you're doing and let it cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

reminon

Reaction score
yea I'm all good with the 4ever root, can't update yet because kris says she'll beat me if I make her lose wifi while shes looking for books lolol, guess I'll do it later! Also, whats a good temp to be running at, I notice that the wifi app has a temp monitor, I'm at 41c, whats my danger zone?

Oh your phone will let u know..trust me..it'll start vibrating and beeping before ur phone is in danger and it will cut data off if it gets any hotter...I fell asleep one night with it on my bed and woke up to it screaming about over heating...best place to put it while tethering is anywhere that isn't carpet, foam or leather.