1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to rooted android and roms

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by WTFminecraft, Dec 27, 2010.

1. WTFminecraft

WTFminecraft New Member

Hello everyone,

I recently rooted my milestone from telus and I was trying to install the Ultimate Droid 2.5 on my phone (CUZ IT LOOKS AWESOME!) but failed. Alright, so right now I am using recovery clockwork 2.5.0.1 and tried to restore Ultimate Droid 2.5 after I wiped my data/cache but it gives me the msg that it's missing the "nandroid.md5" file. So I go back and look at the instructions and it says to use the latest radio? What is that?

Alright well thanks everyone!
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

3. WTFminecraft

WTFminecraft New Member

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

alright well thanks! i guess i'll try out the cm 6.1.1!

Darn! when i wipe and try to restore the cm 6.1.1 for milestone, it gives me the error MD5 checksum file missing. I'm guessing that's the nandroid.md5 file?

Thanks!

Update 1: NVM! got it working lmao but now i don't get 3g on my phone (currently in canada). I am having trouble with this step " the included RIL files are for the European frequencies, if you are in Canada, US, Lat Am or Thailand, you will need to replace them to get 3g working"
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 New Member

UD 2.5 is a good rom & excellent battery life, but kind of weird at times on my phone. I am running CM 6.1.2 now and running great. I heard BD is working on a Gingerbread rom that is stable, but he is still doing thorough testing to make sure it is very stable before release.

Google innovates...Apple just sues Google to take credit for Android's success.