New to Root and Lost my Data Connection

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by atljpg, Dec 7, 2010.

1. atljpg

atljpg New Member

This is my first forum post. I rooted my phone several months ago with the intention of learning more about the phone and gaining additional functionality. The first root application i loaded was the quick boot. When i gave that app root access, i lost my work e-mail connection. I went back and denied this app root access and was able to reconnect to my work account. Everything worked fine but i never figured out why. Today I downloaded the Barnacle tether app, i was able to set up a wireless tether with my pc but i noticed the signal was reading 1X rather than 3G. Fast forward and hour and my data connection is gone. I've rebooted a couple times and tried pulling the battery. Not luck getting my data connection back. The phone still works fine. Any thoughts / help would be much appreciated thanks!!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Have you tried to see if this happens at another location. Like 5 miles from where you're at. Maybe it's a tower issue.
  3. atljpg

atljpg New Member

good idea

hopefully that is the issue. I'll have to wait until i leave work to find out.
Search tags for this page
after routing s3 data connection losing connection
google map data connection lost

help with 3groot data connection.

lost data connection after root