1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

new to roms

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by greek175, Oct 20, 2010.

1. greek175

greek175 New Member

i just rooted my moto droid 1 and i installed the ultimate droid rom. i was wondering if i could have the notification bar like the lithium mod and succulent 7 or do i have to install those or a different theme? and what is the difference between roms and themes?
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

You would have to find a theme that gave you the same look that you get with those ROMS in order to have it for UD.

A rom is basically the operating system for the phone with changes here and there.

a theme simply changes the way the phone looks
  3. greek175

greek175 New Member

is there a real difference between roms?
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I've tried them all and operationally I find very minor differences. I would suggest just trying a few (MAKING BACKUPS BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING!!) and see which ones work best for you on your phone. If the rom is good for you, then theme it (after making a backup).

Good luck and enjoy.
  5. greek175

greek175 New Member

thanks.
    and one last question, is it hard to make your own theme or rom to have complete customization on your phone?
  6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Yes.

Look around before deciding you want to try doing what whole teams have a hard time doing. Theming is a lot easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App