1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New To Roms a Few Questions I Have Plz Help

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by chalie1980, Mar 9, 2011.

1. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

ok well i rooted my phone, could not stand the stock set up on my incredible. i am running cyanogenmod 6.0.1, and have a few questions i need help with.

1. im running cyanogen due to i read it supports the wiimote, but cant seem to get it linked, anyone know why?

2. i read about kernels, "its who you talk to" when interacting with your phone but still dont know what a kernel is for, do i need one, and what one should i get if needed for cyanogen 6.0.1

3. i know im missing a few things so is there anything else i should know?
  2. OlafTheOx

OlafTheOx New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, but here's what I've gleaned so far:

1. I got nothing on wiimote.

2. Nandroid backups are your best friend. You can restore ROM, apps, & data all at once. Titanium Backup is your other best friend - use it to reinstall apps & data after flashing a new ROM.

3. When your verizon contract expires, you can use Pageplus Cellular to get cheaper service. I pay $30 / month for 1200 minutes, 1200 SMS/MMS messages, & 100 MB of 3g data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  3. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

Wiimote works on ultimate Droid but would love a rom that supports wiimote and has flash player and a hulu app
  4. indiantechie

indiantechie New Member

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 03/09/2011 - 14:50
    i read that kernels is the "who you talk to" when interacting with your phone but what is the need for one, and what one should i use if i need one.
    also, im running cyanogen 6.0.1 due to i hear that it supports the wiimote but it dont work, im looking for a good rom that will let me support the wiimote, plus hulu access wont hurt eather.
    im sure there is more i need to know but cant think of it at this time. any help would be awesome, thanks a ton in advance.
  5. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

With this pageplus thing.....how do they give me service on a Verizon phone....do I have to get it unlocked or something....didn't think u can take a phone to a fifteenth provider with out unlocking it first.
  6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    1: No idea. I've heard it doesn't work due to Bluetooth incompatibility on CM 6. Maybe CM 7 RC 2?

2: You already have a non-stock kernel. You're good to go.

3: Read, read, read, read, study, read, learn, study, read. That's about all you're missing. :)

4: Hulu is tricky. There's a workaround hack, but your best bet at the moment is to wait for the Hulu Plus app, if it ever really comes out. :)
  7. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

Awesome thanks for ur help.
  8. OlafTheOx

OlafTheOx New Member

Pageplus is a Verizon partner, or reseller. They cannot activate smartphones, but they can provide Verizon network service if the phone has already been activated by Verizon.

DInc with Incredibly Re-engineered 2.4