New To Roms a Few Questions I Have Plz Help

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by chalie1980, Mar 9, 2011.

1. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

ok well i rooted my phone, could not stand the stock set up on my incredible. i am running cyanogenmod 6.0.1, and have a few questions i need help with.

1. im running cyanogen due to i read it supports the wiimote, but cant seem to get it linked, anyone know why?

2. i read about kernels, "its who you talk to" when interacting with your phone but still dont know what a kernel is for, do i need one, and what one should i get if needed for cyanogen 6.0.1

3. i know im missing a few things so is there anything else i should know?
  2. OlafTheOx

OlafTheOx New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, but here's what I've gleaned so far:

1. I got nothing on wiimote.

2. Nandroid backups are your best friend. You can restore ROM, apps, & data all at once. Titanium Backup is your other best friend - use it to reinstall apps & data after flashing a new ROM.

3. When your verizon contract expires, you can use Pageplus Cellular to get cheaper service. I pay $30 / month for 1200 minutes, 1200 SMS/MMS messages, & 100 MB of 3g data.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  3. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

Wiimote works on ultimate Droid but would love a rom that supports wiimote and has flash player and a hulu app
  4. indiantechie

indiantechie New Member

Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 03/09/2011 - 14:50
    i read that kernels is the "who you talk to" when interacting with your phone but what is the need for one, and what one should i use if i need one.
    also, im running cyanogen 6.0.1 due to i hear that it supports the wiimote but it dont work, im looking for a good rom that will let me support the wiimote, plus hulu access wont hurt eather.
    im sure there is more i need to know but cant think of it at this time. any help would be awesome, thanks a ton in advance.
  5. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

With this pageplus thing.....how do they give me service on a Verizon phone....do I have to get it unlocked or something....didn't think u can take a phone to a fifteenth provider with out unlocking it first.
  6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    1: No idea. I've heard it doesn't work due to Bluetooth incompatibility on CM 6. Maybe CM 7 RC 2?

2: You already have a non-stock kernel. You're good to go.

3: Read, read, read, read, study, read, learn, study, read. That's about all you're missing. :)

4: Hulu is tricky. There's a workaround hack, but your best bet at the moment is to wait for the Hulu Plus app, if it ever really comes out. :)
  7. chalie1980

chalie1980 New Member

Awesome thanks for ur help.
  8. OlafTheOx

OlafTheOx New Member

Pageplus is a Verizon partner, or reseller. They cannot activate smartphones, but they can provide Verizon network service if the phone has already been activated by Verizon.

DInc with Incredibly Re-engineered 2.4