New to roms, a couple questions.

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
i just installed my first rom today, the liberty rom and i really like it.

I chose to go with the red theme, because i like the red with black look. I decided to redo all my notification addons with metamorph, and they all work great except the battery. I am using MetaMorph – Battery – Colorful – droidpirate.com because i love the way it looks, but the problem is, it (what i thought at first) randomly changes back to the stock boring icon...I think what it is tho is when the battery is on the 30% 50% 70% 90%, the one i like cant support it and it reverts. any way to make it stay? Or is there a similar one out there that supports the 10% increments?

Next, also a metamorph, i like this swype keyboard (the red one)
Metamorph ? Swype Skins – droidpirate.com followed the instructions...i didnt have a com.swype but i do have the regular swype.apk yet i cannot get this to work, all i get upon trying to morph is an error message that says "...the package is invalid because a theme control is missing or invalid..."

Lastly, is there a way to re skin just the settings menu? ive noticed some themes feature a nice large font settings menu with colored icons (tho usually the rest of the theme is boring).

thanks for any help with this. I love the liberty rom.

Reaction score
I am using MetaMorph – Battery – Colorful – droidpirate.com because i love the way it looks, but the problem is, it (what i thought at first) randomly changes back to the stock boring icon...I think what it is tho is when the battery is on the 30% 50% 70% 90%, the one i like cant support it and it reverts. any way to make it stay?

I guess that battery theme only comes with 20% increment icons. No idea why! You'll have to find one that has 10% increments. Or, if you can live with 20% increments, you could modify the Metamorph theme so that the 30% icon is the same as the 20% (or 40%, depending on which you prefer), and so on. Not the prettiest solution, but let me know if you'd like to take this route and would like help with it.

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
Yea I'm just gettin into this so id have no idea where to begin changing it. If you don't mind and want to work on it that would be awesome. Doesn't matter to me what increments it shows. So whatever you want to do. As long as it keeps it from reverting. I wouldn't mind learning how to do it either if it just some graphic editing.

Thanks for the info!

Ps. Should probably mention I'm on a D2

Last edited:
OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
so its there a way to edit these files with something like gimp?

Reaction score
so its there a way to edit these files with something like gimp?

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I wasn't suggesting editing any of the images themselves, though that's certainly a way to go if you can do that seamlessly. I was suggesting that you modify the Metamorph theme to fill in the gaps, as it were, with the neighboring icons. (Nearest neighbor rather than bilinear interpolation. :))

I wanted to post more detailed instructions but I haven't had time to do so. However, I hear that Liberty 1.5 has the option to change battery icons (haven't tried it yet myself). Perhaps you could give that a whirl and see if you find something that fits your fancy.

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
Well I figured I could just go edit the file and add the additional 4 icons to cover it. How can I actually view and edit the file In something like gimp tho?

Reaction score
Well I figured I could just go edit the file and add the additional 4 icons to cover it. How can I actually view and edit the file In something like gimp tho?

Which file are you talking about? The Metamorph theme is just a ZIP file. Duplicating the necessary icons is a simple copy-paste operation in Windows Explorer.

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
Well don't I need to edit the file to add the icons for 90% 70% 50% & 30%?

Reaction score
Well don't I need to edit the file to add the icons for 90% 70% 50% & 30%?

You need to edit the ZIP file, which you can do in Windows Explorer (or 7-Zip or WinRAR or WinZip or... you get the idea).

Inside the ZIP file, you should find a folder containing a bunch of PNG files named "stat_sys_battery_100.png", "stat_sys_battery_80.png", etc. Duplicate them and rename the copies to "stat_sys_battery_90.png", "stat_sys_battery_70.png", and viola, you have 20% increments that won't "randomly change back to the stock boring icon"!

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
Ahh nice! Didn't realize it was that easy. Thank you!

well now i see where my lack of artistic skills are haha. having trouble reproducing the numbers for 30, 50, 70, and 90 to match the others. I just did a quick fix for now where i copied the images from one and renamed it so right now 90 & 100% have the 100% icon, 70 & 80% have the 80% icon and so forth. It works at least. Would just be a nice touch to be able to show the 10% increments.

Anyone love doing this kinda work and doesnt mind helping me. Or lettin me know the easiest way to do this? Thanks again

Last edited:
OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
just realized now when my battery went down that it still reverted. So somehow this didnt work. I checked and the files are named correctly. Something else im missing?

EDIT: i just found the nice round one people have been using and that shows 10% increments and someone made a red version too(http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/119915-liberty-round-battery-icon.html). I checked the files and they are named the exact same thing as the ones for the other one i was working on. So i have no idea. Although I really am liking this round one now haha.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check out the one I made, too. It's in a thread called Circle Battery Icons for Liberty, in the Liberty D2 forum. (Can't link to it easily right now as I'm typing this on my phone and don't have access to a computer right now.) I made it specifically to match the yellow Liberty theme (and there are green and red versions too). Hope you'll like it!