1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to making android apps, need some general starting help

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by Hiphiphooray, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hiphiphooray

Hiphiphooray New Member

I already have everything downloaded and have already done the Hello World starting tutorial. I am new to Eclipse but have programmed before in Visual Basic. My normal means of coding in Visual Basic would begin my designing the user interface which consisted of adding controls (such as buttons, textbox, labels). Then i would code what i wanted the controls to do. I am having trouble figuring out how to make controls and how to code them specifically.

For a quick way to answer, If i wanted a simple app to take the value of two text boxes and add them when i clicked a button how would i do this?

Thanks for any help.
  2. JMaz89

JMaz89 New Member

I would say start here, Hello, World | Android Developers and then move on once you get the basics. Learning java basics would also be a good start, VB is a completely different world in my opinion
Search tags for this page

basic4android review

visual basic for droid x2