1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by johnsocs, May 14, 2010.

1. johnsocs

johnsocs New Member

I'm new to forums but somewhat of a techie just not with cell phones...yet. Converted from BB to Droid. Was just curious if anyone else has an issue with their Droid being slow to respond when opening apps or videos?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! I've not had any problems opening apps. Do you have a task killer installed? If so, remove it and see if that rectifies the issue.

Mike
  3. johnsocs

johnsocs New Member

I do have task killer installed. Isn't it supposed to kill apps running in the bg and increase phone response and batt life? But I will try uninstalling it and see if it helps. Thnx!
  4. mwhartman

That is what is advertised. However, many in the community, including me, feel that task killers cause more problems than they solve. The OS is designed to run multiple apps and any not in use "to sleep"

Let me know what happens when you remove the task kilker.

Mike
  5. johnsocs

johnsocs New Member

Mike, it has sped up the phone a bit. Its still kinda slow at starting the apps and while utilizing them. I also went thru and deleted some I no longer use and the video r still kinda choppy but better than before.

Chris
  6. mwhartman

Thanks for the follow up, Chris. My sense is that you are not rooted so let me do some research.

Mike