New to forums, but already rooted :)

Pir8Bob

Reaction score
I've had my Droid (Droid 1) for 6 months now, but just barely rooted it. Can't believe it's taken me so long. So many things I was missing out on.

The only thing I'm looking for now is a good, stable theme with a nice looking black status bar w/ white clock, and nothing else theme-wise. It seems like everyone developing for Froyo is also developing for a newer phone, and they don't seem to be compatible. I've already learned that a theme meant for Droid X will not work on my phone and means that Clockworkmod Recovery will have to come to the rescue. Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm already deodexed, so I should be ready the theme...as soon as I find one.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Check out the theme section in the Forum or the individual screen shoots link.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, and the DarkSide :D

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I agree with mwhartman there. A lot of the various roms list themes they support (or is it themes that support roms?:)) If you are sticking with the stock rom various themes work with that too. And you are right, files are located in different places with different phones so a theme for one phone won't always work on others. Make sure you are getting Droid 1 themes.

also...backup before applying any theme, rom, kernel. If you don't like the theme you tried it is much easier to restore a backup and try with another theme.

OP
P

Pir8Bob

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I found a new post with just what I needed.

I'm still running the stock rom. Are there any real benefits to a custom rom? What would you recommend and why?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that the benefits to custom roms are dependent upon the developer and your individual tastes. Some of the roms are very different while others are subtle.

Since rooting my phone, I've tried several roms (BB, Succulent Desire, Cyanogen, SS, and Sapphire). Most worked well on my phone. Some were faster. Frankly, I enjoyed adding themes as much if not more than roms.

Try two or three different roms then add a theme. The beauty of Android if you don't like it or it preforms poorly switch.

What ever you decide make a backup in SPR or Clockwork first.

Mike