Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Hi I'm Corey. Just rooted my Motor Droid so I thought I'd join the forum to see what's out there in the rooted world. I've had this phone for 6 months and really liking this android stuff. My next step is to start flashing rom's

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

just read up (i have a few links in my sig) to know what you are doing. and always make backups first :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum any questions feel free to ask :)

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Thanks. There's a lot of info here. I'm running Chevy's 1.1Ghz low volt kernel thanks to the forum. It took more time to download all the files for my computer than it did to root and overclock. I'm addicted. What proved it for me was the Quadrant test and CPU Benchmark.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, your fun is just beginning! A good suggestion -- when ever you make any change to your OS (rom, theme, kernel) make a backup with SPR or ClockWork. It can save you hours of work and frustration.

Mike

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you wipe data for a rom, do you loose every contact, app, pics thats on the phone?

contacts should be backed up on google. check to make sure they are so they can be easily restored after a wipe

pics are on ur SDcard so thats fine.

i recommend titanium backup (paid) to restore all apps AND settings. makes things so much easier between roms

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you wipe data for a rom, do you loose every contact, app, pics thats on the phone?

No. Your contacts are associated with your Gmail or other service. Your apps are associated with your Gmail/Google account so when you reactivate by entering your account info, your apps will reinstall. If you wish to save data such as text, notes, phone log then you should purchase MybackUp Pro or Titanium from the market.

Your photos are stored on the SD card in a file named DCIM. When you wipe data and cache it does not touch the SD card only internal memory.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would start at the "touch the android to begin" screen, your phone would still be associated with your mobile number, and activated

carolyny476

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!! :)