New to Forum

sjh53221

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Sandy, I live in Milwaukee, Wi.(GO PACKERS).. My hubby and I recently updated to the Droidx. Neither one of us is savvy to the new phone, but I more than he.

I have downloaded ringtones, I was able to get rid of some apps I won't need, but I somehow lost my Droid sound when shutting down. Sometimes I touch things and lose things. make sense? I realize the screen is very sensitive. I'm learning but I needed a place I could come to and ask questions and not be put on HOLD forever.

We are both over 65, so be kind to us old timers :).
I really like my new phone, but feel intimidated by it.

I don't know alot of the "lingo" so I have no idea what "rooting" is.

thanks for reading,
regards,
Sandy

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum - glad you found us! the Droid Discussions section (click on the Forum button, above) is devoted to discussing all Droid issues, that are common across all Droid devices. We also have a separate section devoted entirely to the DX. if you can't find answers to your questions in either of those places, don't hesitate to post back with questions.

"rooting" your phone essentially means hacking it, and getting superuser/administrator access to the programs. if you don't consider yourself very tech savvy, then i wouldn't recommend it.

i hope you stick around! :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny that the first people to respond to your post happen to be in their 60's and 50's respectively. For you Droid sound go into settings/sounds/notifications. Select Droid and there you go. :)