1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New to Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by sjh53221, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sjh53221

sjh53221 New Member

Hi,
    My name is Sandy, I live in Milwaukee, Wi.(GO PACKERS).. My hubby and I recently updated to the Droidx. Neither one of us is savvy to the new phone, but I more than he.

I have downloaded ringtones, I was able to get rid of some apps I won't need, but I somehow lost my Droid sound when shutting down. Sometimes I touch things and lose things. make sense? I realize the screen is very sensitive. I'm learning but I needed a place I could come to and ask questions and not be put on HOLD forever.

We are both over 65, so be kind to us old timers :).
    I really like my new phone, but feel intimidated by it.

I don't know alot of the "lingo" so I have no idea what "rooting" is.

thanks for reading,
    regards,
    Sandy
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

welcome to the forum - glad you found us! the Droid Discussions section (click on the Forum button, above) is devoted to discussing all Droid issues, that are common across all Droid devices. We also have a separate section devoted entirely to the DX. if you can't find answers to your questions in either of those places, don't hesitate to post back with questions.

"rooting" your phone essentially means hacking it, and getting superuser/administrator access to the programs. if you don't consider yourself very tech savvy, then i wouldn't recommend it.

i hope you stick around! :)
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Funny that the first people to respond to your post happen to be in their 60's and 50's respectively. For you Droid sound go into settings/sounds/notifications. Select Droid and there you go. :)
  5. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

now hold on a second, i'm only in my 40's... ;)
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

He's referring to me! I'm 63 :icon_ lala: