New to forum - upgraded from OD to D3

vfrc46

Reaction score
Hi to thread members. I started out with an original Droid and just upgraded to a D3. Managed to get my wife to give up her BB and get a Droid 2 about 6-9 mths ago.

I choose not to root my phone and consider myself an average user when it comes to the number/type of apps. While I likely won't root this phone I will pursue more of the apps and features since this phone is far more capable than the first Droid.

Already found the forum helpful with regard to the thread about the D3's charging light or lack there-of. Will also be looking in to the reboot issue as mine did it several times the first day I had it but it's been much more stable since, so I'm not sure if I'm taking it back or not. More research is needed.
Regards,
Brian

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, glad u joined us. Many former BB users here including myself. Rooting isn't for everyone and u certainly don't have too, to customize ur device. The D3 is fairly new so no root apk yet. Anyway have fun, enjoy ur stay here

OP
V

vfrc46

Reaction score
Thanks! Hoping I can be as much a contributor as a surfer. "outgrew" the Droid because I started using more apps and quickly found its limitations when it came to memory and processing power. D3 is light years ahead!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident on the D3. Little disappointed on so much bloatware. Its not 4G but I think over all its gotten good reviews. Hoping it suits ur needs