New to forum, it seems like a good place to be!

DucksDroid

Reaction score
Hello DroidForum.Net members!

I have been reading over the posts on this forum for a while and have seen a lot of great people helping others to find their way through the introductory (and more advanced) stages of Android/Droid ownership. Thank you for your time and for your advice.

My journey started in December, with a Motorola Droid, and since then I and have spent a lot of time trying to get familiar with and enjoy the benefits of this web/email/text/GPS/phone device. That makes me appreciate the help of others who have tried and failed, tried again, got it to work, and are now willing to share from their experiences. Eventually, I hope to join them, to share what knowledge I have gained, but for now am still trying to learn.

In the past few days, a hot topic seems to be Froyo and getting is installed on your Moto-Droid. I'm following these discussions with both curiosity and some apprehension, given the mixture of successes and problems that people are having. The idea of "rooting" my phone and not having it available to me seems risky, but the benefits of Froyo are certainly tempting. For now, it seems like there is more to learn, but people are certainly trying to help streamline the process and are helping people along with their problems. I would not even think about doing it without your help.

Thanks again,
- Jim