new to forum have question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ssmokey24, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

ive been reading try to figure the rom deal out i bought a rooted droid 1 a little while ago been working great except for battery life makes it from 7:30am to 5:30pm before it goes dead well this is whats installed in my phone right now

andriod version -2.2
    baseband version- c_01.3e.03p
    kernal version -2.6.32.9-g103d848
    build number- voles-userdebug 2.2 frf57 38829 test-keys

is this a good version to be running or has there been a upgrade? and of all this does it say how fast the cpu is running ?id like to be running at lease 900 or 1g im searching but havent found anything to answer my question thanks in advance
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Looks stock, aside from the root access.

The next step for you would be deciding what you want to do, and the options are endless. You can overclock and leave it stock, flash a 3rd party ROM and then OC, etc.

Do some reading, learn a bit about the process of flashing ROMs (detailed in stickies all over the place), and start trying some ROMs.
  3. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

thanks for the reply ltken what would help me out with battery life i heard people saying setcpu app will overclock and save battery is that tru?
  4. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Use root explorer to review the build.prop file and see how often it pings for wifi access. I changed mine from every 15 seconds to every 90 seconds and leave wifi on all day long with good battery usage. There are some build.prop threads out there.

By using setcpu you can also gain battery life. If you don't use the phone constantly then you can lower the cpu speed while in sleep mode to a lower speed than stock then ramp it up when you hit the power button to wake the phone up.
  5. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

yep its true. if setup correctly it can prolong your battery life throughout the day.

check out the links below. if you need anything feel free to post/ask.
    Setcpu
    OverClocking 101
    Rom Manager- What is & How to
  6. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

in looking at your setup, there are quite a few roms in here that have been updated from the 2.2 version you've got, including some roms built using the 2.2.1 code.

also, i noticed that your baseband is not the latest one - it is now C_01.43.01P. if you search around on here, you'll be able to find some links for dl'ing the latest baseband (in fact, in most roms, the new baseband is included). maybe start in the Bugless Beast section, or on pete's website.
  7. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

You may want to get a replacement battery. I got my droid when it first came out, and after almost a year, the battery just doesn't last as long regardless of ROM. Not saying this is the case for you, just a heads up.
    btw you can get a new batt for $10-$30.
  8. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

great thanks huskerkate!!!
  9. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

and also i for got i have a hava titanium hd wifi and i read that after the 2.2 update the only app that worked for that went down (testtube) is there any update that i havent seen
  10. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

:welcome: to the forum. You've gotten some pretty good replies and I'll expound on them. I can't answer your last question, but as LtKen said, it looks to be stock, so your current kernel is not an overclocking kernel. As husker said, your current build is not the latest, neither is your baseband, but you've got a ways to go yet.

First off, before you go further is to determine if there is a custom recovery image on your phone, and if so, which one? I am almost sure there is, so turn off your phone. Then slide out the keyboard and hold down the 'x' key. Thne press the power button while sitll holding down the 'x' key and then describe to us what you see.
  11. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

alright i did what you said teddyearp and it says
    andriod system recovery <2e>
    patched by sirpsychos (0.99.3b)

does that tell you anything what do i have to do to be able to install the bb 0.5 i think thats his newest or what would you go with i like to keep the cpu around 800-900 and the kernel can i leave it alone with the bb 0.5 or does the bb 0.5 comes with one already?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  12. huskerkate

you have a recovery image, so now you can flash to your heart's content! :)

you are ready to install roms, themes, the current baseband, whatever. if you want to install BB 0.5, you will need to download his rom zip file to your pc, rename it to update.zip (make sure you don't have it named update.zip.zip because the extensions have been dropped off), copy it to the root of your sdcard, and then boot into recovery (like you did to get the screen you just described). once there, you will want to select "wipe data/factory reset", then select "wipe cache partition." after your wipe is completed, select install, then "allow update.zip installation", and then "install /sdcard/update.zip (depracated)".

your rom will then install, and when it is finished select "reboot". now, for BB 0.5, the initial install is a little tricky. make sure you follow the directions from pete's thread/website very closely!!!!

after that, you can go into menu<settings<about phone, and check to see if you have the latest baseband. if you don't, you will want to install that, as well. that is something you can find in a zip file, and install thru recovery, as well.

then you can install themes and kernels and add-ons, whatever. for your kernel question, i can't remember if BB 0.5 comes with an 800 or 1000 kernel stock. you can find out in his thread.

good luck!!
  13. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

First things first...while in recovery before wiping anything go to nandroid and select "back-up" run the process and then as Husker said flash, flash, flash :)
  14. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

thanks guys for the help right after dinner i will be installing bb 0.5 ill let you guys know how it went
  15. huskerkate

doh!! thanks tp - he is most correct! sometimes i get a little ahead of myself when in the throes of my flashaholic addiction... :)
  16. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

i tryed installing the way you said backup first and i got a error and aborted messege what did i do wrong? and i rebooted my phone now i have none of my apps or contacts dam lol

it says

:e cant open/sdcard/update.zip
    no such file or directory
    installation aborted

oh i forgot you said to put the file in the root of the sd card i put in in the nandroid folder is that what you meant?
  17. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

So you went into nandroid and selected perform back-up and it performed it or you got the error while attempting to make a back-up ?

if you successfully made one then you should be able to go back into recovery back into nandroid and select "restore" and it will restore your back-up you made
  18. huskerkate

yes, you have to put it on root of the sdcard, not in any folder. try it that way, and see if you get a successful install.

WAIT: before you flash the rom - did you sync all your contacts with your gmail account??!! hopefully you did that before you wiped. if not, restore your nandroid backup, and sync everything, then install the rom.
  19. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

What Husker said...but first, while in recovery choose nandroid and perform back-up, or was the back-up process successful ?
  20. ssmokey24

ssmokey24 New Member

ok ill try to restore now when i downloaded the rar file all i did was rename it and put it in the nandroid folder did i have to extract it first ?
Search tags for this page

flash bandbase on verizon galaxy s3