New to forum, Droid and smart phones in general...

RAZRED

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
My name is Ed and I live in New England (CT to be exact). Just upgraded my old crappy flip phone to a Razr...man this damn smart phone thing is confusing...I'll catch on, but it's gonna take a while. I did my business at Radio Shack who had the best deal to offer...my Razr for $249 and my wife's Samsung Stratosphere for free. Only thing I did so far was to add the Zagg screen protector...that thing is amazing. So back to playing around and trying to figure this fancy phone thing out.

Thanks,
Ed.

nbucko

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of android. You'll be happy you joined us.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your upgrade from the flip. Lots to learn and I am sure you will have plenty of questions. Feel free to ask when you do.

Tap'd from my Bionic

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here! There is a ton of info on these forums. Just do plenty of reading and you'll find almost everything you will need to know. If not, just ask!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums and the world of Android!! We are happy you joined up :)

OP
R

RAZRED

Reaction score
So I guess the first question I have (unless I should do this in the proper thread) is...what is with all these "Permissions" that apps and downloaded games need before you can install? Every game or app I looked at requests these ridiculious permissions. Is it safe or do they mess with your account / contacts etc?

Thanks,
Ed.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most things are safe but your right to be concerned, when a game needs permissions to view your contacts it draws concerns but some games need permissions to stop from being interrupted by a phone call - just be cautious and feel free to ask anything specific here on DF that you are not sure about :)