New to Forum and having Issues with R2D2

IrishCrown

Reaction score
I have come to the forum to find some answers and assistance with R2D2 totally living up to his namesake and doing what he wants. Like turning off by himself and have heard that it is due to the gingerbread update. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and if I could get some help to remedy the issue. I am not that computer savy and not sure what all the lingo means. Thanks so much for any and all info/assistance that you can provide me!

Amy

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Welcome to the forum, please visit the Droid 2 section for more information... i always suggest a factory resent if the phone acts that way, not sure it will fix your issue but at least would give you a fresh start..

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I experienced less of these problems after the Gingerbread update. I do get them if I quickly turn off the display/turn it on multiple times within a few seconds. Or sometimes from docking it/undocking or switching from portrait to landscape at that same rate.

A reset would be in order if this doesn't seem like your issues I think.

And welcome. :)

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

OP
I

IrishCrown

Reaction score
Its funny that you say yours stopped acting up with the gingerbread, mine started acting up with the upgrade to gingerbread. I was told that the issue was with gingerbread not being totally compatible with R2D2. They rushed it out for him.

My other problem is that I dont fully understand this rooting, sbf and such stuff. I am wondering if its possible to down-grade R2D2 back to fro-yo. At least I got the keyboard thing to work properly! That was the huge issue that made me want to throw R2D2 on the ground!

I am not exactly sure how to reset him back to factory. Do I have to take all of my pics, files off of my phone before I do that? How do I do that? Yeah I know I'm not up with the times. I guess I just dont have the patience for these things! I just want them to work right!

Thanks for your help!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Its funny that you say yours stopped acting up with the gingerbread, mine started acting up with the upgrade to gingerbread. I was told that the issue was with gingerbread not being totally compatible with R2D2. They rushed it out for him.

My other problem is that I dont fully understand this rooting, sbf and such stuff. I am wondering if its possible to down-grade R2D2 back to fro-yo. At least I got the keyboard thing to work properly! That was the huge issue that made me want to throw R2D2 on the ground!

I think this is possible. Rooting is the ability to modify things like the OS version/ROM you are using. SBF is the file associated with the OS version. I'm not sure if the SBF for R2D2 Froyo is around but if it is you could technically downgrade to it. The specifics and whether there are other limitations would be better asked in the Droid 2 R2D2 thread and/or hack forum.

I am not exactly sure how to reset him back to factory. Do I have to take all of my pics, files off of my phone before I do that? How do I do that? Yeah I know I'm not up with the times. I guess I just dont have the patience for these things! I just want them to work right!

You would first want to move any apps you want the data to be saved for to your SD card. This can be done in settings>applications>manage applications>-pick an application>Move to SD button. (This can also be done with an app like App 2 SD more easily).

You would also want to make sure all your pics, texts, contacts and such are properly backed up either on your SD card or with an app like SMS backup, Backup Assistant, etc.

Take out your SD card and hit the factory reset button in settings. It's going to be under one of the settings I cannot recall which.

Edit: The factory reset is in Settings>Privacy>Data factory reset.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DRoid Forums!! Hopefully you are able to get your issues resolved.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! Hope you definitely find some resolution!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope this worked for you. DancingNexus